Advice needed about mild dypraxia and the army.

hi there in an earlier post last year,i was asking advice about my boy joining the army..he has finally managed to start this process.the recruitment place where he went have sent for a medical report on my son.my son is very upset because in it states he has got mild dyspraxia this was when he was 6 years old.i took my son when he was small to my doctors because he was having problems with his behaviour and we took him to child psycholigist.i was told he was borderline adhd.my son is very worried the army wont take him now and is very upset.he has shown no signs of any medical problems in his teenage years.i wasnt even told my son had this my gp has never informed me of this.in this medical report their are things in it i never knew..it says stuff like he used to self arm and has mental health issues,im quite concerned and gobsmacked.my son is a bright healthy lad and is a very keen on joining the army.i dont know what to suggest to reassure him. it does say hes fully recovered now...but will having it in the past go against him.his hopes are somewhat dashed.any advice greatly appreciated.x

Archived