Car service shock!

No need, there's only one on there.:D

There was a thread on here a while back about how his "mechanics" speed around the area and use all the public parking spaces.

Please can we not 'name and shame' :)

As Shaz says (and me earlier on) ... use PM facility! This thread shouldn't be removed.

Note to mods ... if the naming of the road on which this garage is situated contravenes your rules, please remove the post and not the thread. I'm sure you'll realise there's a problem with this garage which warrants discussion. Several people now know the name of the establishment through PM's or guesswork, but people are adhering to SF rules. :)

Probably the last thing on your mind right now Shaz, but the garage I use is excellent, nice and clean too! They always contact you about any extra work and never try and "push" it on you. I'm not going to post the name or it will most likely turn into a garage recommendation thread with lots of garages being advertised. Feel free to PM if you ever need the name.

Please can we not 'name and shame' :)

As Shaz says (and me earlier on) ... use PM facility! This thread shouldn't be removed.

Note to mods ... if the naming of the road on which this garage is situated contravenes your rules, please remove the post and not the thread. I'm sure you'll realise there's a problem with this garage which warrants discussion. Several people now know the name of the establishment through PM's or guesswork, but people are adhering to SF rules. :)

Why don't SF allow name and shame? Is it purely to do with legal ramifications? (companies laking legal action against the forum).

Why don't SF allow name and shame? Is it purely to do with legal ramifications? (companies laking legal action against the forum).

It's always seemed a bit of a pick and choose kinda rule to me. I agree that naming and shaming shouldn't be allowed, there are enough trolls about to put honest companies out of business (or damage it at least) but also in some instances it can give valuable experience based advice to others about what to avoid.

There ARE threads on SF totally dedicated to naming and shaming, I don't know why they have never been closed or removed.

Update

Having spoken to Citizens Advice and explaining my problem with the un named garage, they informed me that I have a very good claim against them (If I'm telling the truth ... which I am)

I have a good case for taking the garage to a small claims court (according to them), but advised me to write a letter to the garage explaining my grievances, which I did do last week with no response. I've sent another letter today via recorded delivery asking for a refund on money we were not quoted for but had to pay. If this doesn't have any effect it's going to small claims!

When I phoned CAB naming the garage, they asked if I was the same person who'd called earlier ... I wasn't!

Another update

Thanks to everyone who offered me advice on this matter! :)

I followed this up and contacted citizens advice and other advice given to me.

I sent two letters to the garage proprieter informing him of this (recorded delivery), also mentioning this thread and advising him to read it.(Mentioning to him the thread had over 2000 views and around 100 posts)

Got a cheque through the post this morning with an apology for carrying out work without my permission ... also asking me to point this out on my thread.

Bit of a result really, but also a lesson learned!

Thanks everybody! :) X

Nice one alcoblog

Yeah, but thanks SF! I really wouldn't have known what to do without advice I've had on here.(I'm not very clever when it comes to matters like this) Seems SF is a powerful tool! ;)

Another update

Thanks to everyone who offered me advice on this matter! :)

I followed this up and contacted citizens advice and other advice given to me.

I sent two letters to the garage proprieter informing him of this (recorded delivery), also mentioning this thread and advising him to read it.(Mentioning to him the thread had over 2000 views and around 100 posts)

Got a cheque through the post this morning with an apology for carrying out work without my permission ... also asking me to point this out on my thread.

Bit of a result really, but also a lesson learned!

Thanks everybody! :) X

A little confused here sorry.

Garage that you couldn't name has given you a refund, (which is excellent news).

In doing so the unknown garage has requested that you acknowledge the refund in this thread.

Archived