Car service shock!

A little confused here sorry.

Garage that you couldn't name has given you a refund, (which is excellent news).

In doing so the unknown garage has requested that you acknowledge the refund in this thread.

Yeah ... sorry!

A lot of people know who this garage is, through PM's. I can't name the garage due to SF rules. The people who know about this garage will understand my post, apart from that, it's pretty meaningless to others! :)

Let's hope the garage has learnt it's lesson,or it will be loosing custom thick and fast!!it may just do him a favour in the long run,esp if he promises that extra work will only be done with a phonecall to the customer first!

Sent a 'thank you' letter to him earlier. I mentioned everything you've just said in it (without reading your post) ... hopefully some good will come of it! :)

In that case, can you recommend a garage that give refunds for not-asked-for work?

Just joking!!!!!

Actually, that's a very valid point and not gone unnoticed on me since I received the refund this morning.

However, it wasn't a full refund but I'm not going to press the matter any further. I've no reason to doubt the mechanical capabilities of the garage, just their method of business. :)

Well, I phoned the proprietor up yesterday and arranged to come down today as it was the first day I could get off. He said fine come down any time. When I arrived he wasn't there :suspect:, and the young guy who works there said he didn't know anything about it so I explained what had happened and said I would only pay for the original quote of £310 and as a good will gesture another £20 for the unauthorised work on the scuttle. So a total of £330 and not the £550+ that he asked for the other day. Took my car and went home. :)

Well, I phoned the proprietor up yesterday and arranged to come down today as it was the first day I could get off. He said fine come down any time. When I arrived he wasn't there :suspect:, and the young guy who works there said he didn't know anything about it so I explained what had happened and said I would only pay for the original quote of £310 and as a good will gesture another £20 for the unauthorised work on the scuttle. So a total of £330 and not the £550+ that he asked for the other day. Took my car and went home. :)

Well done shaz! :)

What was their reaction when you said you were only paying the original quote?

What was their reaction when you said you were only paying the original quote?

The kid I dealt with said he didn't know anything about how much I was supposed to be charged or about the original quote. He just asked how much I was quoted and how much I was willing to pay. I said £330 and he just asked how I wanted to pay. I was in and out in a couple of minutes.

Why do I get the impression this thread will come up again and again? Or am I just being cynical? :huh:

Well you got a partial refund and I got my car back so maybe he's realised you don't get anywhere by being a charlatan because word will get around, thanks to the most popular city-based forum in the UK. :thumbsup:

Archived