Car service shock!

I had basically the same experience here a couple of years ago. I wish I'd done the same as you guys and asked for a refund but I just paid up and seethed about it.

He's obviouusly been doing it for years! What annoyed me alsmost more than anything was the great big "Good Garage Scheme" advert plastered too the front of the place.

I believe you can make comments of here about your experience btw

I had basically the same experience here a couple of years ago. I wish I'd done the same as you guys and asked for a refund but I just paid up and seethed about it.

He's obviouusly been doing it for years! What annoyed me alsmost more than anything was the great big "Good Garage Scheme" advert plastered too the front of the place.

Have you checked if they are a member?

Have you checked if they are a member?

Amazingly...yes they are!

Makes you wonder what the qualifcation criteria are. Methinks it may be simply the ability to afford the registration fee!!

That's about right actually, as far as I'm aware. I knew a garage owner that signed up to it, he reckoned it's more about marketing than quality. You have to pay their fees, sell their associated products, try to sell on certain brands of parts etc (according to him). He says they do an initial inspection of the garage but apparently it doesn't have to be to a high standard to pass.

I don't use him for my vehicle repairs by the way :hihi:

If you want to magically become a reputable artisan overnight (without having to spend years mastering your craft), get a 'Guild of Master Craftsmen' badge to stick on your letterheads and van for a few hundred quid!

Same goes for the Motor Trade I guess :mad:

It went in for a service, that is what it should have had, but with a list of recommended actions. I'm surprised that the cheating buggers didn't bill you

a full re-spray and a set of new tyres.

I would have offered to pay the quoted price only, and further told them to pursue me through the courts.

And what about the fact that he has you car and your keys.

That is where the police come in handy, I reckon that if the garage say that you agreed to the repairs, and you say that you didn't, they have no right in law to seize your vehicle.

Archived