Car service shock!

That’s an awful lot of hairdressers :hihi: but I diversify.

The point is that while you are changing the belt its good practice to do other associated tasks at the same time, hence the reason in buying “cambelt kits”

Oh yeah, sorry, some gay blokes drive them too. I digress. A full 'cambelt kit' is always recommended. Hence, the OP has being well had over IMO.

my spelling may not be all the good but at least my maths must be better than the garage in question

As far as I'm concerned your standard of literacy is irrelevant if you're a competent mechanic. Anybody bringing their car to you isn't bothered about your spelling- they're bothered about you doing the job right and not leaving them with a death trap by spreading copper slip on their brake discs.

The receipts from the guy who used to look after my last car were always spelled in a most interesting fashion but I didn't give a hoot because when it came to those cars he was implicitly trustworthy, competent and had a number of times when he could have fleeced me but didn't. If he said that the car needed something doing then that was because it needed doing- if only the world at large could trust all mechanics to be as trustworthy and competent.

Yep! ... that's the prob. I can easily do the spanner stuff myself - it's easy.

I can't plug my comp in to do diagnostics though and my GF wants a full service history. It's a fully maintained car and she wants the diagnostics to show the service history. Sad but true ... you can't work on your own car (or GF's in this case, anymore)

You don't need to have the diagnostic checked to maintain the service history i dont think.

Plus, if you do the service yourself at least you know it has been done and you've actually changed some of the parts, you never know with some garages that they actually do what they say.

Stamped service books aren't worth the paper they are printed on anyway. It's easy enough to get a stamp and to fill it in yourself!

I would too, but The Wrecks bras look like air balloon material. I would have half the estate up in flames. Books? Nah mate, smell and stuff.

Trust me, big bras cost big money and you really wouldn't be popular if you wasted money by burning them.

I'm sure there would be another way you could show solidarity that doesn't involve your OH having to let them swing free and cause all sorts of uncomfortable chafing.

Archived