Car service shock!

my spelling may not be all the good but at least my maths must be better than the garage in question

I appreciate your comment mr 36. You sound like you know what you're talking about.

Take no notice of mr Rampent ... he drives a Skoda!

The only belts on his engine are from the hamsters wheel to the rear wheel! :hihi:

(Don't worry mods ... Rampent knows I'm only joking!) :)

Trust me, big bras cost big money and you really wouldn't be popular if you wasted money by burning them.

I'm sure there would be another way you could show solidarity that doesn't involve your OH having to let them swing free and cause all sorts of uncomfortable chafing.

Oh yeah, she nearly knocked my head off one night stepping of the bucket. I nearly went on the drink again :(

I appreciate your comment mr 36. You sound like you know what you're talking about.

Take no notice of mr Rampent ... he drives a Skoda!

The only belts on his engine are from the hamsters wheel to the rear wheel! :hihi:

(Don't worry mods ... Rampent knows I'm only joking!) :)

Nah! Lada! SKODA!! I'm well offended :hihi: I never get ripped off at garages as I change the cresote engine oil myself. Once every five years, plus I have the one up on Alcoblog's GF car, mine has a timing chain :hihi:

op ring consumer direct you have been well and truly ripped off mate

The thing is ... have I been ripped off?

I haven't got the breakdown of the bill in front of me (GF has it at her house)

I do know that the actual service came out at the price quoted, or thereabouts. It's the extra work carried out without informing us that annoys me. I was contactable all day and the garage owner didn't even call to ask if it was OK to do the work!

His own website contains a Page of affidavits from satisfied customers ... one of whom states that he was kept informed of any extra cost involved during the work being done on his car.

I would like to think that the work he carried out was necessary (although I wasn't shown the parts which were replaced), but the fact he carried out the work without asking really annoys me as it comes to more than three times what my GF was expecting to pay. When he phoned to say the car was ready to collect there was no mention of this extra cost. My GF stopped off at a bank to get cash to pay for the work on the way to collect the car.

This was not enough so she had to pay by plastic, resulting in the fact that around £450 was taken from her account in one day for a job which we were expecting to come to around £100.

The garage's website is very professional and instils confidence ... especially the part about 'no hidden costs'

I can't name the garage on here due to SF rules but an earlier poster guessed correctly (without naming it) saying it had been mentioned on SF before. This makes me think that I'm not the only one. (I say 'me', it's really my GF ... it was me that organised things though as she knows nothing about cars)

Gobsmacked! You need to take it up with them.You asked for a service so that is all they should have done.If they believed the belt needed doing they should have advised you on that when you collected the car and given you a quote should you want to take it back to them for the work doing.And even if they needed to do anything else alongside service , however small , rung you first to check this was ok.Totally agree with bud36 people like this give garages a bad name.

Should have used Hi Q of Leppings Lane.

We always do.

Why would anyone take their car to Hi Q for servicing? Surely no one actually does? they cant even compete on prices for tyres, never mind actually doing any type of mechanical work.

Archived