Windows from safestyle uk

Just as a warning to anyone thinking of using Safestyle.....DON'T. If you have problems after the installation, your calls will be ignored and you will be fobbed off. I had to threathen them with court action before they came back to do repairs. Avoid.

Don't touch with a very long pole.

Never showed up for the first installation date after I'd moved evrything round in the house.

Shockingly bad fitted windows - I ended up threatening legal action for them to resolve - they'd tried to use filler to seal plastic cladding to roof tiles on my dormer window?!?!

The tilt and turn broke on one window - it just rusted and snapped. Took six weeks to get it fixed, but they weren't bothered about the fact that I had a window that wouldn't lock for all that time.

No customer service at all.

They came round to my door. I told them the house is rented, and clearly has new windows already. Then, somehow they got my number. They rang every day for at least a month. THE HOUSE IS RENTED I DO NOT WANT YOUR WINDOWS! oh ok sorry to bother you. Then the same the next day...

• 1 year later...

2 hours to reduce price from 5000 to 1400 if signed and 12 month credit option taken. After their survey I asked to pay cash, 2 days later they cancelled sale saying that survey showed up problems with the existing structrure. They would come and re-price job with the extra work - so no sale. Also watch out for the going to your toilet catch - salesman stands upstairs and listens to you plus the very false arguments with the salesmans boss. It would make a great comedy show.:confused:

Use Warwick Developments, on Butterthwaite lane at Ecclesfield, Safestyle did ours, but we left the bathroom window because we were going to reduce the size, Safestyle quoted us for it £450 which is their minimum charge for a single unit, Warwick charged us £175, same guarantee and if anything better workmanship.

When SS measured our living room the rep got it wrong and they had to fit us a new internal cill, if they hadn't the old cill would have been above the bottom of the glass!!

warwick develpments are even bigger cowboys than safestyle ,no after service what so ever ,very very poor products ,very poor after sales care AVOID at all costs .only reason they are cheap is because their products are total crap

there is a place on broad lane called sheffield window centre i think ,they have many many good posts about them selves ,they come out ,measure up then send you quotes out by post and never contact you after ,it,s up to you to contact them if you find their prices to your budget .highly reccommended

there is a place on broad lane called sheffield window centre i think ,they have many many good posts about them selves ,they come out ,measure up then send you quotes out by post and never contact you after ,it,s up to you to contact them if you find their prices to your budget .highly reccommended

We are about to go with Sheffield Window Centre. We had 5 companies out to quote all in all, and I didn't realise just how much of a variance on price there was for windows!

FrameUps were the most expensive of the quotes we had - really nice chap and a lovely product, but just out of our ballpark + as wooden frames have maintenance requirements it just seemed like there could be ongoing costs with them. But, if you can afford it and want the wooden sash style then I'm sure they are great. They have done a lot of houses near us in the past few years.

Warwick Developments were the cheapest, but something didn't feel right about them.

Yorkshire Glazing company - these were next cheapest, but have now changed their name to West Yorkshire Windows or something - kept calling up chasing (not overly pushy though), but I don't trust a company that changes its name so regularly.

Yorkshire Windows - mid price, but again felt there was way too much mark-up being applied by a company that uses contractors to fit the windows. Which brings me on to Sheffield Window Centre:

Sheffield Window Centre were the last company we got to come and quote. They were actually the second most expensive of the quotes we have had, but there are two things that make a difference:

1. They employ all of the fitters - no contractors are used

2. They guarantee the glass as well as the frames for 10 years.

None of the other companies offered this kind of assurance. So, for paying a similar price to that quoted by Yorkshire Windows & Yorkshire Glazing, I just feel we will get a much better value & overall service.

Also, as the poster above mentioned, the quote came through with great detail, a nice little pack with info about SWC and its history, and I honestly believe it was their best price first - the sales guy did say he wouldn't call us or chase for feedback.

Glazing seems to be a real minefield with far too many options to make it an easy process of selecting the right company. I think Sheffield Window Centre put my mind at rest most out of all the companies we saw that the investment we are making would be of most value to us.

Archived