Bullying and being bullied

it seems like everyone on here was bullied or knows someone who was. this seems worse than i suspected. who's doing the bullying then?

i was never bullied, or bullied anyone, we just didn't do that sort of thing. to be honest, we left it to the teachers to kick the snot out us. we didn't have the time or the inclination to do it to each other.

it would be interesting to know what people think is the cause

1-of bullying as a behavior

2-the seeming rise in bullying

3-the seemingly worsening cycle

also, does cyber bullying do as much harm as 'normal' bullying, or is it worse?

what is the way froward.

Definitely being bullied. People who have been bullied and received no empathy or protection eventually can become a perpetrator. I think they grow to hate themselves for being vulnerable and this translates into hating the vulnerability in others. Nature provides the equitable solution I believe though. If you want to avoid the fact that you were a victim and become a perpetrator some other, possibly Psychotic previous victim will be all too willing to kick your ass.

You read about this boy? He was suspended from school for fighting back.

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/2011/03/14/bullied-kid-fights-back-and-gets-suspended-video/

Seems a little harsh with what he has had to put up with.

Yep it stinks! There are many who are all too willing to bully, and then rely on the law to defend them when their abuse of reciprocity bears its fruit.

it seems like everyone on here was bullied or knows someone who was. this seems worse than i suspected. who's doing the bullying then?

i was never bullied, or bullied anyone, we just didn't do that sort of thing. to be honest, we left it to the teachers to kick the snot out us. we didn't have the time or the inclination to do it to each other.

it would be interesting to know what people think is the cause

1-of bullying as a behavior

2-the seeming rise in bullying

3-the seemingly worsening cycle

also, does cyber bullying do as much harm as 'normal' bullying, or is it worse?

what is the way froward.

I think tragic suicides that have been reported in recent times testify that cyber bullying is just as nasty and vicious as name calling and physical bullying. I suppose before the internet and mobile phones if you were bullied at school then home could've been a safe haven. But the new technology now means that kids are vulnerable when they switch on the computer or mobile phone.

As for what can be done about it, I wished I had the answer. I think parents hold part of the answer as do schools. I know in my day, our school just turned a blind eye - some still do turn a blind eye to the problem.

I think tragic suicides that have been reported in recent times testify that cyber bullying is just as nasty and vicious as name calling and physical bullying. I suppose before the internet and mobile phones if you were bullied at school then home could've been a safe haven. But the new technology now means that kids are vulnerable when they switch on the computer or mobile phone.

As for what can be done about it, I wished I had the answer. I think parents hold part of the answer as do schools. I know in my day, our school just turned a blind eye - some still do turn a blind eye to the problem.

i know. the net has made everything 24/7. there's just no rest. a friend used someone else's computer and forgot to log out of their facebook account. the owner of the computer put 'i'm gutted, just found out i have AIDS' on my friend's account. it took a lot of clearing up afterward. not the same as bullying-the other guy really did think it was funny- but the net has introduced a whole new level. i despair for the kids sometime.

i keep saying to mine that when they're older i don't really need to dig out old baby photos of them when they bring the new squeeze home, just got to log onto somewhere and they'll all be there.

Re - cyber bullying, I think it can be more damaging than the regular kind sometimes because it can target an individual at any time and place, and also because it be so widely applied - threats and abuse on Facebook for example or on blogs can be seen by a massive audience.

Archived