Bullying and being bullied

I think so - I can't say I've ever met a happy, confident, product of loving and involved parents who's been a bully.

you have a point. there are( though i'm not so sure) the odd 'bad kid' who would do it regardless, but a good home's always a good start.

Re - cyber bullying, I think it can be more damaging than the regular kind sometimes because it can target an individual at any time and place, and also because it be so widely applied - threats and abuse on Facebook for example or on blogs can be seen by a massive audience.

true, that's why i was saying the skinny Australian kid from the video is probably going to get it a lot worse than he ever could do to others, and be made a lot worse in turn.

the problem is what to do if the child is a victim of bullying?

I would personally take it up with the school. There are a number of legal rights parents have under safeguarding legislation to ensure bullying is nipped in the bud. Hopefully so as to lessen the distress for the victim. Failing that I would have a reasonable "chat" with the parents.

In my experience bullies are usually inadequate people who seek to lessen their own feelings of inadequacy through making other people miserable.

This sounds like a perfect quote to describe bullies in the workplace..you wont be surprised, I'm sure, to learn that a lot of it exists in schools from the people at the top..

Archived