Friendship between men and women

Of course they can. I was friends with a bloke for years - used to stay at his house with my daughter and was accepted by his wife and children as his friend.

The problem came when he was cheating on her and he asked for my opinion (after years of knowing but not taking sides) and I told him. He was surprised and upset that I didn't take his side and told him what a b he was.

They have since split up and I am still good friends with them both and their (now grown-up) children.

Of course they can- I've got male friends who I've never even considered whether I find them attractive, let alone gone down the thought trail of anything else, and it's nothing to do with whether they are attractive or not. It's to do with it not being appropriate to jump every member of the opposite sex, whether they want it or not- we've evolved past that haven't we?

Archived