Friendship between men and women

i think it's extremely rare that straight people of the opposite sex can be best or close friends for a long time without things getting very confused and mixed up along the way.

The number of people who've responded to this thread who disagree with you seems to suggest otherwise...

i think it's extremely rare that straight people of the opposite sex can be best or close friends for a long time without things getting very confused and mixed up along the way.

This is true, it always ends up in a drunken snog, after which things can never be the same again.

I would like to think that men and women could be just good friends (I don't just mean acquaintances), but from mine and friends experiences, it seemed not to be the case, with one person trying to cross the line and ruining a relationship.

I would like to think that men and women could be just good friends (I don't just mean acquaintances), but from mine and friends experiences, it seemed not to be the case, with one person trying to cross the line and ruining a relationship.

Yep, it happens every time.

The number of people who've responded to this thread who disagree with you seems to suggest otherwise...

i know. i've got to say, though, that people are more likely to respond with their 'ideal' head on. there would be the fumbles after a drunken night, the hugs that linger too long, the rebound vulnerability misunderstood etc.

maybe it can happen that they can have a platonic relationship but i'm skeptical.

If a man is single and the he finds his friend (female friend) attractive, then I guess it can be difficult if he constantly has an erection when talking to his female friend.

In that instance, I guess it would be quite hard for the man. Hard emotionally and also hard inside his underpants

Yes. I've got a couple of good male friends. Over the years they have been most useful especially when I was single in need of a spot of DIY and also from having different perspective to my female friends. They've even warned me off certain blokes and for that I will always be grateful.

This is true, it always ends up in a drunken snog, after which things can never be the same again.

Are you saying that I'm a liar or just exaggerating for effect?

What about those of us who don't DO drunken snogs and have been friends with some members of the opposite sex for 30 years without them ever occurring?

Archived