Friendship between men and women

If you're asking that question...

...deep inside, you know the answer (as it applies to you, at this particular point in time).

;)

But I don't know the answer, I only have an opinion, which is based on personal experiences. A small number of people that I know say that they are best friends with someone of the opposite sex, and others that say they are good friends with 'benefits'. I argue that men and women can't just be good friends, but that's just based on my own experience and so I'm keen to read of others opinions. I would like to believe that men and women can be just good friends.

Maybe if you can't see a relationship other than platonic it's just a measure of your needs. For the men..Do you have a partner and female friends? or do you regard your friends as acquaintances?

It's almost like saying 'I can't have a friendship unless I'm having a relationship, and if I can't have a relationship I don't want a friendship because I've no control over the bit of grizzle down yonder.

Or..

I can't commit to a friendship because I have to fancy you first? Does that make a lot of men homosexual?

I have a male friend, who, uses me to sound off about his wife!! I love him to bits BUT only as a dear friend. We share the same sense of humour (his wife doesn't have one!) I don't see him very often, but he calls me from time to time. So in my case yes you can have a male friend without 'any strings'

Yes they can have a friendship. One of my great friends is a fella. Known him for years and he is married and we go to pics together if its a film we wanna see but his wife doesnt. BUT I find if I have a boyfriend he doesnt like me going out with him.

Archived