Growing cross-party concern about the reduction in immigration.

i hear what you're saying. the 'elected representative' must, to an extend, use their own judgment and expertise to come to decisions, for the reasons you rightly mentioned. and this works, mostly, between election. where 'our views' being conveyed and represented comes in is we just vote them out next time if they didn't do what we think is right and what we 'agreed' with them when we voted them in.

problem is with their lying and politricking, which is why the governments , mostly, don't reflect the views of the masses, no matter how unpalatable they might be.

Welcome to 'democracy'! However I used to be an angry young man full of bile against 'the system'. Older and wiser now I see that the British system is probably the best or one of the best in the world and overall it reflects the will of the masses. It would be impossible to please everyone and it's also a sad fact that the majority know FA about politics and just pick up gossip from the Sun and the Mail. Maybe if AV comes in it will change things though I'm not a fan.

Welcome to 'democracy'! However I used to be an angry young man full of bile against 'the system'. Older and wiser now I see that the British system is probably the best or one of the best in the world and overall it reflects the will of the masses. It would be impossible to please everyone and it's also a sad fact that the majority know FA about politics and just pick up gossip from the Sun and the Mail. Maybe if AV comes in it will change things though I'm not a fan.

you're right. the British system is one of the best in the world because the people have had centuries to tweak and develop it for themselves. it's still a work in progress, but it's doing alright. I'm not sure if AV will make things any better, but am wary of trying to fix a system that' with all its faults, is doing ok. to be honest, i don't the system will change. not this time around, anyway.

plain stupid. the problem is not the colleges or universities, its at the boarder and the agencies that are supposed to police immigration.

The Home Office and the Foreign Office ARE the agencies that police immigration. The problem is is that these agencies are understaffed and underfunded. On top of that the government/egencies will face all actions of legal and Human Rights actions.

If we want to get rid of some real immigrants who are constantly “plotting” and undermining our way of life may I suggest we root out those of Norman descent. They after all constitute the landed gentry, and most of their forebears run the country (in their interests).

Archived