Heads up for independant plumbers RE British Gas

the last place anyone should go for a gas appliance fitting is british gas after all - all their engineers only do the same exams as us, just ask to see any gas safe engineers card and look on the back to see what they've got, every one should have ccn1, then there's cen1 ckr1 htr1 etc etc then ask for references experience etc, that BG man that told you your boiler would break is a complete and utter liar, but quite typical of them. ps you should see some of the work ive come across that BG engineers have done, i wouldn't recommend em in a million years !

DITTO......very well said

Why not try a boiler that comes with a 5 year parts and labour warranty. Ideal logic+. If it breaks down then you are covered, providing you have an annual service.

EXACTLY ............This is why most of my customers......after discussion and information.........with all the information at hand.....opt for a Logic+........

They are an excellent, well designed, well built, technology filled boiler. Admittedly the warranty is not yet proven (only been around for about 2yrs), but I am personally very confident..........as an engineer I consider them very well built and therefore would stake my reputation on them to any potential client.......(or you could have a 'Worcester Bodge' for the same money:loopy:). Any way, do your own research re: boiler and re: installer........should be ok

HOW ABOUT A 35KW?

http://www.plumbtraders.co.uk/product/ideal-logic-Plus-35he-combi-boiler/

a flute is around £50 so it cost under £900 all in delivered, your labour rate of £600+ for a few hours work is the biggest joke, and you lot pretend thats the going rate

So no other materials involved then?? No copper pipe, no condense run, no timer/programmer/room-stat, no thermostatic valves, no brickwork, no cleansing chemical, no inhibitor. Oh and no other costs......a van, diesel, tax, test, insurance, gas registration, PLI......the list is endless....but then we have been here before, haven't we Danny? You obviously have something against any tradesman making an honest wage. I think my customers are very happy with my prices, at least that is the feedback that is left on here. I wish I could charge ''£600+ for a few hours work''.......I would be retired by now:D

HOW ABOUT A 35KW?

a flute is around £50 so it cost under £900 all in delivered, your labour rate of £600+ for a few hours work is the biggest joke, and you lot pretend thats the going rate

Since when is £884 + £44 'UNDER £900':loopy: Its not exactly difficult mathematics......but you need to add up ALL the costs accurately when pricing a job or you would soon be out of pocket. Glad you are not pricing my quotes.

HOW ABOUT A 35KW?

A "flute", they won't have time to play a tune whilst fitting a boiler :hihi::loopy: Danny strikes again :gag:

Archived