Police Swoop On Daffodil Pickers

No. That's why I mentioned watching to see if it was worth bothering to talk to them at all. It takes time to watch somebody.

These are two grown professionals watching two little girls, all they had to do was go over and say you're not allowed to pick the flowers or have a word with parents and tell them what has happened - there was absolutely no need to stand watching for twenty minutes as the misdemeanor had already been reported to them

Children picking flowers ehh! I don’t know what this country is coming to! I saw a few kids tonight having a water fight. In clear disregard for the shortage of water faced by many in the third world. I think it is criminal how these "feral" kids think they can laugh, play pick flowers. It's a national scandal! No wonder we had such a struggle to find the eight hundred and fifty billion to bail out the banks with this kind of flagrant misuse of such a rare commodity as daffodils!

Perhaps if these little girls (and the rest of their class at school) were to grow some daffodils then they would understand the feeling of frustration when they start to flower and someone who has not been taught respect for property that does not belong to them comes and trashes the work done.

Perhaps if these little girls (and the rest of their class at school) were to grow some daffodils then they would understand the feeling of frustration when they start to flower and someone who has not been taught respect for property that does not belong to them comes and trashes the work done.

The girls were picking daffodils in a public park, trashes seems a bit harsh.

if they were adult i might understand, but 4+6 years old girls

"Two police constables attended, spoke to the mother of the children and explained that as the flowers were laid by the council for the enjoyment of all, that people were not allowed to pick them.

"The officers had to advise her that by law it was criminal damage, in case they were not aware."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/mar/15/daffodil-girls-park-police-swoop-poole

having looked at some of the comments on here there seems to be a wide spread of opinion. I think this is a clear example of what so many people call for--" zero tolerance" catch them early and it stops them moving on to serious crime.

... Hmm and why was the mother letting them pick them?

yep stupid woman looking all indignant because she wanted to let her children destroy the flowers. How stupid is she?? People like that really get on my nerves. Her little darlings must be able to do whatever they want and balls to anyone else that would like to see the flowers! selfish idiot!

yep stupid woman looking all indignant because she wanted to let her children destroy the flowers. How stupid is she?? People like that really get on my nerves. Her little darlings must be able to do whatever they want and balls to anyone else that would like to see the flowers! selfish idiot!

I wonder if said storm troopers would have intervened had mummies little darlings been picking daffodils at Ranmore. The question is of course rhetorical.

Archived