Police Swoop On Daffodil Pickers

"I didn't see them pick any flowers, but the next thing we knew a police patrol car pulled up and the officers in it started watching us.

They did have daffodils in their hands – I'd say about 20 between them "

He can't quite make his mind up...

"I just felt it was unnecessary and upsetting. Surely the police have better ways to spend their time and taxpayers' money?" The woman said......

Ermm yes....they could have been out looking for really naughty people that hadn't been taught properly by their mummys and daddies that touching things that don't belong to them is not nice.

"I just felt it was unnecessary and upsetting. Surely the police have better ways to spend their time and taxpayers' money?"

Ermm yes....they could have been out looking for really naughty people that hadn't been taught properly by their mummys and daddies that touching things that don't belong to them is not nice.

So these little girls have got 20 daffodils between them and are "sorting them out" said their father, yet he also says he didn't see them picking any! Make your mind up mate. As for being "watched for 20 minutes" - probably an exaggeration by hysterical mummy who felt the need to get in touch with The Guardian.

The daffodils aren't "wild" and anyway it is illegal to pick wild flowers. Anyone who's planted bulbs knows what a backbreaking job it is. And a swathe of flowering daffodils is enough to make anyone smile after a long, hard winter. What I don't want to see is someone's little brats picking them so no-one else gets to see them. If they want some daffodils, go to a shop and pay for them like the rest of us do.

I just found this on another website:

"According to Cllr Adams on the Jeremy Vine radio show, a member of his family DID approach the parents to ask them to stop their children picking the flowers. He claimed they gave a 'negative' answer and were not very polite!"

So it sounds like the councillor did try to stop them himself first.

I just found this on another website:

"According to Cllr Adams on the Jeremy Vine radio show, a member of his family DID approach the parents to ask them to stop their children picking the flowers. He claimed they gave a 'negative' answer and were not very polite!"

So it sounds like the councillor did try to stop them himself first.

that sounds about right, I was going to suggest that. Judging by her attitude she would not have taken a polite request well.

Surprised she didn't get a "shouldn't they be out catching real criminals?" comment in to the reports.

Its nice to know that there was no other crimes going on being as the officers had nothing better to do for 20 minutes.

i agree with you.must have had time on their hands instead of catching real criminals.

A very nicely laid trap dosxuk. :hihi:

I wonder what people's responses would have been had they been Gypsies, or asylum seekers, and their children? Would the assumption have been that they were being picked prior to being proffered for sale in the town centre?

I'm sure the Daily Mail reportage would have been slightly different.

I wonder what people's responses would have been had they been Gypsies, or asylum seekers, and their children? Would the assumption have been that they were being picked prior to being proffered for sale in the town centre?

I'm sure the Daily Mail reportage would have been slightly different.

indeed and what would peoples responses have been if they were aliens doing research on the colour yellow:hihi:

Archived