What time will British military assets cross into Libyan territory tonight?

What time will British military assets enter Libyan territory tonight.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What time will British military assets enter Libyan territory tonight.

• 22:00
    • 23:00
    • 00:00
    • 01:00
    • 02:00
    • 03:00
    • 04:00
    • 05:00
    • 06:00
    • 07:00
    • 08:00
    • 09:00
    • Later than 09:00 2011.04.18
    • Never

Too little too late. My answer's never. Hopefully. Else it's going to turn into another "Saddham hunt" affair and another needless Iraq-style rout that will earn the UK nothing more than still more animosity from the Arab world.

At least five Arab countries will be supplying forces, if any action goes ahead.

Benghazi seem delighted.

Well they should be, they were about to be massacred.

How best to do this is now the question. No fly can happen immediately off the US carriers but protecting Benghazi will need at the least the Egyptians to put boots on the ground in the nest few hours.

Well they should be, they were about to be massacred.

How best to do this is now the question. No fly can happen immediately off the US carriers but protecting Benghazi will need at the least the Egyptians to put boots on the ground in the nest few hours.

Yes, if things aren't grinding into motion now, then it could be too late.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone was waiting on the tarmac somewhere for the resolutions to be passed - what's the flight time from the UEA to Libya?

If you mean the UAE .. for a jet fighter, probably not much more than an hour. For the heavy battalions, two or three, I should think. However I think the US has air forces in the Meditteranean; the RAF certainly does.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone was waiting on the tarmac somewhere for the resolutions to be passed - what's the flight time from the UEA to Libya?

I'm not sure, 4-5 hours?

Do you think the University of East Anglia are likely to take a leading role in the air strikes?

Archived