What time will British military assets cross into Libyan territory tonight?

What time will British military assets enter Libyan territory tonight.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What time will British military assets enter Libyan territory tonight.

• 22:00
    • 23:00
    • 00:00
    • 01:00
    • 02:00
    • 03:00
    • 04:00
    • 05:00
    • 06:00
    • 07:00
    • 08:00
    • 09:00
    • Later than 09:00 2011.04.18
    • Never

It won't make a lot of difference. Benghazi will be subjugated almost as easily without the use of the Libyan air force as the rebels are massively out-gunned by Gaddafi's army.

The question now is how we will deal with the reunified Libya. We shouldn't supply them or buy their oil, but what about the Chinese? They are opposing any intervention in Libya and lining themselves up as No1 customer for Libya's oil production.

If you mean the UAE .. for a jet fighter, probably not much more than an hour. For the heavy battalions, two or three, I should think. However I think the US has air forces in the Meditteranean; the RAF certainly does.

I do indeed mean the UAE - they are apparently one of the arab forces involved in the arab league part of the push for this resolution. If the western forces have any sense at all they will let the A.L. affiliated forces go in first and provide logistic support so it's not seen as another evil westerners attacking muslims to steal their oil event.

I'm not sure, 4-5 hours?

Do you think the University of East Anglia are likely to take a leading role in the air strikes?

A fine example of the big society in action - carpet bombing with mangle-wurzles...

It won't make a lot of difference. Benghazi will be subjugated almost as easily without the use of the Libyan air force as the rebels are massively out-gunned by Gaddafi's army.

The UN resolution supports "any necessary measure short of invasion" to protect the civilians of Benghazi. Certainly that can include air strikes against Gaddafi's ground forces.

The trouble is, he intends to retake Benghazi tonight. If action isn't taken within the next six hours, there won't be any point doing anything.

We have got no money for the NHS, or education, or vital public services, for the old, the infirm............... I could go on forever.

But we are involved in yet ANOTHER SODDING WAR !!!!!!!!!!! :loopy:

only because we want their oil...the rebels may sell it us cheaper than gadaffi.....bet the libyian pilots are not too keen now to take to the skies...

The UN resolution supports "any necessary measure short of invasion" to protect the civilians of Benghazi. Certainly that can include air strikes against Gaddafi's ground forces.

The trouble is, he intends to retake Benghazi tonight. If action isn't taken within the next six hours, there won't be any point doing anything.

The highlighted points will rule out “boots on the ground” that some people are talking about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12770467

The UN resolution rules out a foreign occupation force in any part of Libya.

The cabinet will meet later and Prime Minister David Cameron will make a statement to the Commons, No 10 said.

The resolution imposes a "ban on all flights in Libyan airspace", with aid flights the only exception

Archived