What time will British military assets cross into Libyan territory tonight?

What time will British military assets enter Libyan territory tonight.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What time will British military assets enter Libyan territory tonight.

• 22:00
    • 23:00
    • 00:00
    • 01:00
    • 02:00
    • 03:00
    • 04:00
    • 05:00
    • 06:00
    • 07:00
    • 08:00
    • 09:00
    • Later than 09:00 2011.04.18
    • Never

I can't wait for that cheap fuel to come our way when we secure their country. Just like with Iraq and Afghanistan. Oh, hang on.........

:hihi::hihi: oh, the lament of the jaded and cynical. A, this is all altruistic. no ulterior motive at all. just in there to save the innocents.

as it stands at this moment in time, there are no uk fighter squadrons within striking distance of libya, theres no aircraft carrier for a start, the nearest military base is in cyprus, its not yet clear wether theres a squadron in cyprus at the moment, plus cyprus havnt given permission for any military activity against libya by the uk from their country (as yet) the nearest option so far is to send a squadron over to italy & launch any missions from there against libya

At least five Arab countries will be supplying forces, if any action goes ahead.
And?

(i) the UN hasn't sanctioned ground-based intervention. Even armchair generals know that you absolutely cannot win a war without boots on the ground. Remember Yugoslavia? A fat lot of good the Allied no-fly-zone/air interdiction did there.

(ii) Arab air assets (excluding Tunisia and Egypt) aren't any closer to the theatre than european air assets

(iii) I've heard a lot interventionist noises from the UK, FR and US, but scant few from Arab countries (nothwithstanding that they eventually gave their blessing to secure the UN resolution, suspiciously late in the day if you ask me)

Yes, if things aren't grinding into motion now, then it could be too late.
My point exactly.

It could all be fairly meaningless. Even if they do try to implement a no fly zone, it would still be weeks away. In the mean time, knowing that a no fly zone is imminent, Daffy could order his air force to do as much bombing in the time remaining as they can.

It could all be fairly meaningless. Even if they do try to implement a no fly zone, it would still be weeks away. In the mean time, knowing that a no fly zone is imminent, Daffy could order his air force to do as much bombing in the time remaining as they can.
the no fly zone is already in place, since the Un imposed it gadaffi has also said libya is now a no fly zone in retaliation

the no fly zone is already in place, since the Un imposed it gadaffi has also said libya is now a no fly zone in retaliation

I see what you mean, but unless our planes are in their sky right now partrolling, he could still order bombing raids. As far as I know warplanes haven't been deployed to enforce it yet.

I see what you mean, but unless our planes are in their sky right now partrolling, he could still order bombing raids. As far as I know warplanes haven't been deployed to enforce it yet.
he can try but the french & US & italy are within striking distance already

Archived