Retaking GCSE's

Can someone please advise me on where it could be possible for me to retake my exams.

I won't lie, I left school earlier than I should have done for numerous reasons but I regretted never been able to tale my exams.

My problem is I'm 21 (22 in august) so I don't know if the connextions place will be able to help me.

I'm not too bothered if they cost me money so if you can help me out with some info I'd really appriciate it.

Thanks

Hi

I know that you can do english and maths GCSE at Sheffield College. If you don't already have them then you don't have to pay for them. The enrolment is about £30 I think. If you want to do other subjects they have a 'Fresh Start' course which cost £1365 last year. Not sure of the prices this year. You may also be able to get that free if you are on benefits. You can then also do Science, IT and Psychology at level 2 (GCSE equivalent). If you want any more info you can speak to an advisor at the college. Their number is 2602600 or contact them through their website. You need to apply asap though because the courses fill up quick.

Hope this helps, if you need to know anything else then let me know and i'll try and point you in the right direction.

To be honest I'm hoping to retake English, Maths, Science, IT, and Media studies if that's possible, I actually live only about a 20 minute walk away from Castle college (think it's now sheffield college) would they be able to help me do you know?

Hi

I know that you can do english and maths GCSE at Sheffield College. If you don't already have them then you don't have to pay for them. The enrolment is about £30 I think. If you want to do other subjects they have a 'Fresh Start' course which cost £1365 last year. Not sure of the prices this year. You may also be able to get that free if you are on benefits. You can then also do Science, IT and Psychology at level 2 (GCSE equivalent). If you want any more info you can speak to an advisor at the college. Their number is 2602600 or contact them through their website. You need to apply asap though because the courses fill up quick.

Hope this helps, if you need to know anything else then let me know and i'll try and point you in the right direction.

Glad I got my BBC's things of the net. No way I'm paying that many notes.

Hi

What this one says. I went back to get GCSEs but ultimately found an access course was much better as it allowed many subjects in one package.

Yeah the Access courses are really good but there's only a couple that you can do without having your GCSE's or level 2's in maths and english. The Fresh Start course is a good jumping block and it helps you get back into learning.

The link is the course brochure for adult learners. Have a look at it and decide what you might like to do but like I said before, You need to apply asap because they fill up really quickly.

http://www.sheffcol.ac.uk/index.cfm?ParentID=f0d3fd57-bbd3-45e4-8ccb-71d8515816db

Archived