I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

Your elderly neighbour does deserve the money.....why aren't you asking the Government why she didn't receive it? Absolutely nothing to do with Comic Relief.

Or do you think charity should replace a properly funded health and social care system as well?

Don't you think our own needy have more right to the £400+million given to Pakistan this year?

I think that if rampent REALLY cares that much about whats happening to the elderly in our hospitals he should start his own charity and let comic relief carry on they good work they do both in africa AND the uk.

I myself, will be donating tonight because to me if someone is suffering and i can help- even just a little- it doesn't matter at all what country they are from, they are still a human being.

The government is enforcing cut backs in this country, which has affected the social services etc in this country.

You cannot justify any a massive TV relief programme which gives to overseas whilst things are so bad in this country.

Would you like to lose care or your job whilst god knows how mant £Billions are sent out of this country by the government.

Don't you think our own needy have more right to the £400+million given to Pakistan this year?

You are still either missing the point or willfully ignoring it.

The "TV relief programme" is not there to make up for Government cutbacks. If you care so much about our needy and elderly and sick complain to OUR government about it. It is their spending priorities that are to blame.

Comic relief is about individuals contributing, it isn't about Government aid or spending cuts at home. If you want to discuss whether or not our Govt should be giving money to Pakistan/India rather than adequately funding our health service start another thread.

Or do you think charity should replace a properly funded health and social care system as well?

Maybe you'd like to answer my question instead of replying with one of your own.

These people claim to be the same as us they sit in the UN, how can they let their people starve, in real terms Pakistan is rich and a nuclear power by feeding their poor you're encouraging the moraly corrupt regimes by relieving them of their resposibilities.

That is also true. A real dilemma. I guess the west tries to take the moral high ground. It's the same as a Vicky Pollard turning up with her 5 kids by different fathers and a fag in her mouth sticking her hand out. Do we deny her money and let her kids starve because the mother is a parasite? There is only one sensible answer and that sensible answer is rippled around the world. However I know exactly what you mean and it has crossed my mind many times.

So because the labour government spent money on schools and hospitals and surestart schemes and libraries and respite services etc etc we should not give to charities helping poor and disadvantaged people in Britain and abroad.

That seems an odd argument.

oh they spent the money-they didn't actually fix much with it though did they. They just chucked it into the abyss!

If anyone fancies giving to something a little different and local, my wife is doing a minight memory walk in aid of Rotherham Hospice. She is trying to raise £500.

She is also trying to raise awareness by leafleting and promoting the walk as a volunteer.

She doesnt know im posting this by the way.

If anyone fancies donating 1 or 2 pounds to a very very worthy cause it would be much appreciated. :o)

This is her justgiving link

http://www.justgiving.com/sharon-clarke0

if anyone else fancies taking part the event details are here: http://www.rotherhamhospice.org.uk/events-2/midnight-memory-walk-2010/

Numbers have dwindled recently, so it would be good to get more people along.

I think that if rampent REALLY cares that much about whats happening to the elderly in our hospitals he should start his own charity and let comic relief carry on they good work they do both in africa AND the uk.

I myself, will be donating tonight because to me if someone is suffering and i can help- even just a little- it doesn't matter at all what country they are from, they are still a human being.

You are still either missing the point or willfully ignoring it.

The "TV relief programme" is not there to make up for Government cutbacks. If you care so much about our needy and elderly and sick complain to OUR government about it. It is their spending priorities that are to blame.

Comic relief is about individuals contributing, it isn't about Government aid or spending cuts at home. If you want to discuss whether or not our Govt should be giving money to Pakistan/India rather than adequately funding our health service start another thread.

Maybe you'd like to answer my question instead of replying with one of your own.

You're both wasting your time. Fancy a game of Dominoes? :hihi:

charity begins and ends at home as far as im concerned, how can we give money to other countries again and again, while we have children living in squalor in our own country and others living on the streets.

Freedom of choice? If you read taxmans explanation you'll understand it more.

You do have to actually read it though.

Archived