I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

I said we didnt" expect" any inheritance, which is different. I shall not be switching onto Red Nose Day tonight, with Lenny Henry, being all pious again. Not to mention every overpaid,egotistical celebrity pretending to care about charity,while boosting their own flagging careers. No thanks, I shall be giving my money to Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice.

How can you be sure that all money given to Bluebell Wood Hospice is going for patient care and not lining the pockets of executives as was exposed during the recent St. Lukes Hospice fiasco.

With your past nursing experience, volunteering to work in one of the hospices would be far more valuable that donating money which may never see any benefit to patients.

Lenny Henrys career may be 'flagging' but he doesn't sit at home posting on a forum and whinging on about it - he offers his services free of charge and does a pretty good job of it imo.

How can you be sure that all money given to Bluebell Wood Hospice is going for patient care and not lining the pockets of executives as was exposed during the recent St. Lukes Hospice fiasco.

With your past nursing experience, volunteering to work in one of the hospices would be far more valuable that donating money which may never see any benefit to patients.

Because we're British and not Monkeys from the sub-continent old chap. We don't treat our old bad. unless giving to others who are suffering is an excuse.

It would be interesting to see the quality of life the executives live from these charities or private homes in relation to the quality of life given to the cattle.

Creaming, poor management, low self esteem through poor wages and long hours are probably the reason behind lack of care. What that has to do with donating to Red nose day if beyond me though.

I hate the fact that the sorts of attitude shown here are on a public forum.

The people who are saying "look after our own first", it's a charity you morons, if you want to give to charities for people in this country, you can.

Because we're British and not Monkeys from the sub-continent old chap. .

In fact, extended families are common on the sub continent, elderly relatives move in and live with their children. In Britain this is rare, it is more common for aged relatives to be packed off to a nursing home.

And calling people "monkeys" means you are a sorry, pathetic excuse for a British person.

In fact, extended families are common on the sub continent, elderly relatives move in and live with their children. In Britain this is rare, it is more common for aged relatives to be packed off to a nursing home.

And calling people "monkeys" means you are a sorry, pathetic excuse for a British person.

lol. I think the irony of the statement in relation to some of the "we're British" attitudes on here went over your head. The anti givers have more in common with racism than charity, I suggest you check their overall form.

Lenny Henrys career may be 'flagging' but he doesn't sit at home posting on a forum and whinging on about it - he offers his services free of charge and does a pretty good job of it imo.

How do you know I havent volunteered to work in a hospice?

That's what gets my goat the most mate. We blow Billions on overseas help as it is. But . . . in our own back street, nothing.

Get off your arse and do something about it then, rather than wasting precious time and bandwidth moaning about it on here.

Archived