I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

Exactly.

The developing world doesn't need our money, it needs to be left to work out its own problems. If we send cash, food or medication, all we'll do is reduce the natural mortality rates without reducing birth rates, and that means population explosions the world doesn't need.

Much better to leave them to a natural order.

From a poster named "Loonball."

I love irony!

Thousands of people in our own country live in constant misery, as they spend their days imagining up new reasons why British people are hard done by. That's why all my money goes to Help the Whinging Bigot and Save the Daily Mail Reader.
I for one would rather give a pound to a British chairty than the steam of my . . something . . . to the third world, which makes its own mess and deserves help only when it's made the effort to help itself.

Some people just jump on the luvvy bandwagon of trying to look trendy by helping the poor hard-done-by non-whites.

It's as if you want to hit a nerve. I have given generously tonight and I suggest that you cease this pointless crusade and do the same. :)

This year it has dawned on me what Comic Relief is.

Pop stars with singles to sell, presenters looking for their next bookings, celebrities walking across deserts on a free jolly.

Radio 1 keeps telling me to text in, how many times have the presenters texted in?

Every year we must raise money to end the suffering in Africa and the UK. Every year we raise millions, but every year now (Sport Relief included) we have to do it all again.

Money goes to the UK, to pay for an overpaid 'teenage mums scrabble club' coordinator on 30K a year.

Why not give my money to a UK charity in Sheffield - most of them have paid workers up to 80K a year.

Africa doesn't need our money. Charities don't need 80K workers. Both need our time and effort. Africa needs to work itself out of poverty.

I for one would rather give a pound to a British chairty than the steam of my . . something . . . to the third world, which makes its own mess and deserves help only when it's made the effort to help itself.Some people just jump on the luvvy bandwagon of trying to look trendy by helping the poor hard-done-by non-whites.

Re my bold.

Tell us all what the specific problems of the third world are and how those problems originated please. I am eager to learn at the feet of such wisdom.

Archived