I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

Not that I have anything to do with Comic Relief these days but I do donate money and time to charities. The children in the UK and most of Europe don't tend to die of starvation or cureable diseases. Let's see to the ones that never reach adulthood first. I appreciate this is ouside the comfort zone for some of you but can you imagine what it is like to die from starvation?

Yes, old people in our hospitals have died of starvation, when food is put out of their reach. Thats really outside our comfort zone.

Guys, guys, guys, I have neither the inclination nor the patience to answer your individual questions/attacks.

To those of you that have donated tonight, well done and bless you.

Those of you that have not, stop thinking about yourselves, making silly excuses and get your hands in your pockets.

Thank you. :)

Just to confirm that I wasn't making an attack - I was just confirning to the other poster that you were getting your poverty/misery confused IMHO .... good on you for donating.

Yes, old people in our hospitals have died of starvation, when food is put out of their reach. Thats really outside our comfort zone.

Why does that take away from the fact that others are starving of starvation? Why does it make this cause any less important?

Haven't we done that one.

The nurses need to be told to nurse their patients as the nurses get paid to do that, they get paid from our taxes...........it has nothing to do with Comic Relief.

If you have seen old people not getting fed TELL someone who can do something about it.

The difference that you don't seem to grasp is that in the developing world death from starvation and curable diseases is the norm not this exception. In the UK it is very much the exception. A comparatively tiny amount of money could massively alter the outlook of people in the developing world. If you don't want to offer them those chances that is of course your outlook but it isn't going to stop the rare exceptions to the generally extremely high level of care that people receive in hospitals in the UK.

Archived