I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

Why even try to discuss something you know nothing about?

Mosquito nets are a TINY part of what the money goes towards.

What about sustainable development?

What about people in Tanzania that have been taught to fish/farm to sustain themselves?

Mosquitos nets that cost pennies to make and cost £15-30 to buy.

Does Comic Relief get a bulk discount? All those donations are making some firms a lot of money.

Haven't we done that one.

The nurses need to be told to nurse their patients as the nurses get paid to do that, they get paid from our taxes...........it has nothing to do with Comic Relief.

If you have seen old people not getting fed TELL someone who can do somethign about it.

The nurses do get paid for that, but the trouble is there are too many admin.staff and not enough nurses.

Yes, old people in our hospitals have died of starvation, when food is put out of their reach. Thats really outside our comfort zone.

Well complain to the government, it's not comic relief's fault that they aren't being cared for. There is enough money collected in tax every year to ensure that every old person or sick person is treated with respect.

If they are not it isn't Lenny Henry's fault.

I really can't see why you are begrudging the poverty stricken in Africa getting a little aid from Comic Relief just because our Government chooses to **** money up the wall rather than spend it properly.

The nurses do get paid for that, but the trouble is there are too many admin.staff and not enough nurses.

Ok.have you seen this happen? did you complain? have you contacted PALs? have you contacted the hospital trust? have you wrote to your MP to complain?

What has it got to do with Comic Relief?

Just to confirm that I wasn't making an attack - I was just confirning to the other poster that you were getting your poverty/miserty confused IMHO .... good on you for donating.

No problem, unless you think there is no correlation between poverty and misery.

No problem, unless you think there is no correlation between poverty and misery.

There is but I don't think what you see as misery ala poverty is what the other poster meant. They were referring to people feeling miserable because they liked to feel "hard done to" as opposed to perhaps having genuine cause to be aggrieved.

But I am attempting to speak on behalf of a poster of whom I have no knowledge so will stop trying to second guess what they intended LOL.

There is but I don't think what you see as misery ala poverty is what the other poster meant. They were referring to people feeling miserable because they liked to feel "hard done to" as opposed to perhaps having genuine cause to be aggrieved.

But I am attempting to speak on behalf of a poster of whom I have no knowledge so will stop trying to second guess what they intended LOL.

:hihi:;).......

Archived