I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

The nurses do get paid for that, but the trouble is there are too many admin.staff and not enough nurses.

The way money is spent in the NHS has nothing to do with donating to charity either home or abroad. I don't see how anyone could think there is, yet it keeps being brought up. :confused:

No child in the UK has to live like many of the children whose lives have been shown tonight. I don't see how any civilised person can ignore the plight of babies and toddlers who are starving or seriously ill.

Well done to anyone who donates to any charity that helps the vulnerable, here or abroad. If Comic Relief raises awareness as well as cash then IMO its doing ok.

Ok.have you seen this happen? did you complain? have you contacted PALs? have you contacted the hospital trust? have you wrote to your MP to complain?

What has it got to do with Comic Relief?

Yes, I have seen this happen, and I have reported it. I have also read in The Mail of other peoples relatives not being looked after properly in hospital.

What has this to do with Comic relief ? My point is the same as it originally was, why give money to foreign countries ? Why not look after our old people properly first ?

Yes, I have seen this happen, and I have reported it. I have also read in The Mail of other peoples relatives not being looked after properly in hospital.

What has this to do with Comic relief ? My point is the same as it originally was, why give money to foreign countries ? Why not look after our old people properly first ?

Do you want to raise Income Tax?

Indeed. That is the Government's job, it isn't the job of Comic Relief. If you are so upset about how old people are looked after complain to our Government.

There is but I don't think what you see as misery ala poverty is what the other poster meant. They were referring to people feeling miserable because they liked to feel "hard done to" as opposed to perhaps having genuine cause to be aggrieved.

But I am attempting to speak on behalf of a poster of whom I have no knowledge so will stop trying to second guess what they intended LOL.

You are spot on about what I meant. It's nice to feel understood and not talked down to ;)

Look, folks lets get real, my best mate is from Zimbabwe . They can grow three crops a year, if they want to. But why should they, throw a few seeds, they will grow, feed us for the season, teeshirts are optimim.(and free) why do more? Ask yourselves, would you do more, or ask the West to do more?

The difference that you don't seem to grasp is that in the developing world death from starvation and curable diseases is the norm not this exception. In the UK it is very much the exception. A comparatively tiny amount of money could massively alter the outlook of people in the developing world. If you don't want to offer them those chances that is of course your outlook but it isn't going to stop the rare exceptions to the generally extremely high level of care that people receive in hospitals in the UK.

The developing world has been developing for decades.You cant keep throwing money at them.They need contraception! All they do is churn out children usually riddled in aids.I saw advertisements of African kids starving when i was a kid,(40 years ago) Nowts changed.So giving money don't work!Give em durex.

The developing world has been developing for decades.You cant keep throwing money at them.They need contraception! All they do is churn out children usually riddled in aids.I saw advertisements of African kids starving when i was a kid,(40 years ago) Nowts changed.So giving money don't work!Give em durex.

Of course things have changed.

You're a disgusting person.

Look, folks lets get real, my best mate is from Zimbabwe . They can grow three crops a year, if they want to. But why should they, throw a few seeds, they will grow, feed us for the season, teeshirts are optimim.(and free) why do more? Ask yourselves, would you do more, or ask the West to do more?

People die of starvation in Zimbabwe every day. Are you saying that they deliberately allow themselves and their children to starve in the hope they might get more aid?

Archived