I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

we should use the donation (i Never donate as i like the money in my pocket) to buy condoms, this way they learn not to have children they cant afford to feed

In countries that do not provide health or social services your children are vital to your survival when you get older. Interestingly as countries become more and more prosperous their birth rate drops, ever wondered why?

Changing debates now bassman? - Is this because you're attempting to move the topic away from your realisation that voluntarily donating to a charity who gives money to African countries, has absolutely nothing to do with our government giving money [which is out of our hands] to countries that have nuclear arms, and who aren't in Africa, perchance?

I'm not changing the debate at all we have many needy in this country.

It's terrible to see those children in Africa but where has the £Trillions gone that has already been poured into Aftrica.

You are not doing any good by pouring money in as has been done for god knows how many years with virtualy zero results.

Haven't you also noticed all these so called needy countries always seem to be awash with arms even kids as young as 10yrs in many cases, go on tell me who paid for those guns etc considering their babies are starving.

Let's debate this next year, let's see what all this years aid has accomplished and see what emotional blackmail we get blasted with then.

And you know that for sure do you, I stopped donating when my friend told me that he got 30% of the takings.

Was the 30% loss more important than the 70% gain?

As a percentage argument you wont save 70% of a population because you're personally miffed at the loss of the 30%? Considering your lack of faith in people I'm surprised you donated £10.

In countries that do not provide health or social services your children are vital to your survival when you get older. Interestingly as countries become more and more prosperous their birth rate drops, ever wondered why?

Is it because residents of the more prosperous countries can afford to go out and do nice things, ie, holiday, travel the world, shopping, enjoy hobbies, watch TV, go for a nice car ride etc, not to mention going out to work to earn more money. Not as much free time time to spend in the sack???

But........we can make a difference to the poor children that are unlucky enough to be born into such a miserable existance. Comic relief does at least direct our donations to the places that will benefit the most.....and that includes UK projects.

I would rather donate to Comic relief then to some of the other charitable organisations who have a whole load of directors wages to pay first!

Well let's come back next year and see what improvemants have taken place in these African states. We'll once again be blasted with emotional blackmail due to nothing having changed, the men and women will still be knocking out children that they can neither feed or take care of.

Whilst their politicians posture around the UN as if nothing was amiss.

Is it because residents of the more prosperous countries can afford to go out and do nice things, ie, holiday, travel the world, shopping, enjoy hobbies, watch TV, go for a nice car ride etc, not to mention going out to work to earn more money. Not as much free time time to spend in the sack???

Well they do seem to have an awful lot of kids.

Can I just say on a relatively naive point of view. My daughter has watched some of comic relief tonight. She has cerebal palsy and the brain of a 6 year old. She said to me tonight ' I've never been starving, have I?' Food is one of her favourite things.

Now I know some of you will jump on this and say she is being brainwashed by what she has seen, but our donation has made her happy and that's what counts to me.

Jane that brought a tear to my eye ..... :|

Archived