I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

Was the 30% loss more important than the 70% gain?

As an argument you wont save 70% of a population because you're personally miffed at the loss of the 30%? Considering your lack of faith in people I'm surprised you donated £10.

Can you tell where the £Trillions in aid to Africa has gone, where did last years British Foreign Aid go, where did the last 20 odd years Comic Relief money go?

When you can answer these points come back with proper factual answers like guns & ammo! and Luxury palaces!

It's terrible to see those children in Africa but where has the £Trillions gone that has already been poured into Aftrica.

You are not doing any good by pouring money in as has been done for god knows how many years with virtualy zero results.

That's why I refuse to support any third world charities. The money is wasted, partly because their currupt regimes will squander it on luxuries or government expenditure other than feeding their population, and partly because by feeding a third world population all we do is encourage that population to grow. Famine is nature's way of telling us there are too many people in a region - we need to let nature do its job.

They do indeed. I put it down to having to make their own entertainment!

It would probably be more accurate to put it down to the huge levels of infant and child mortality - large families are a necessity in many places as most of the children won't survive into adulthood.

That's why I refuse to support any third world charities. The money is wasted, partly because their currupt regimes will squander it on luxuries or government expenditure other than feeding their population, and partly because by feeding a third world population all we do is encourage that population to grow. Famine is nature's way of telling us there are too many people in a region - we need to let nature do its job.

Thank god there are people who like me see the wider picture, it's the throwing of good money after bad that annoys me.

Year after year we get the same old sob storys with little or no results to show for the previous years efforts..

Thank god there are people who like me see the wider picture, it's the throwing of good money after bad that annoys me.

Year after year we get the same old sob storys with little or no results to show for the previous years efforts..

Comic relief isn't a third world charity. Its registered offices are in the UK.

It would probably be more accurate to put it down to the huge levels of infant and child mortality - large families are a necessity in many places as most of the children won't survive into adulthood.

Probably a little from column A and a little from column B then in that case

I would rather give mine direct to Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. You never know where it will get "diverted" to with Red Nose Day.

60% goes to Africa and 40% stays here. Now lets be honest, man is allegedly born out of Africa and look at them now. look at the arab nations, everybody wearing dresses ( thats just my grip like scotsmaen in skirts ,but I digress ), no matter how much money we put into these countries, when "humping" is their entertainment when will they ever be self dependent. The answer is never, they will just become handouts from the West.

Just can't imagine them inventing anything other than a new disease. Ok it looks a problem that we should try and eleviate but I do remember, some time ago, an African nation actually contributing some money over here. Fair comment, they thought about other people other than themselves so I don't mind supporting them.

Does anyone know who it was, I bet Gaham with an e would know.:confused:

PS. Jas, do you need anything ?:love:.

Why is Africa know as "The Dark Continent" when the bloody sun shines for ever.

Can you tell where the £Trillions in aid to Africa has gone, where did last years British Foreign Aid go, where did the last 20 odd years Comic Relief money go?

When you can answer these points come back with proper factual answers like guns & ammo! and Luxury palaces!

It's very simple Bassman. When I give a donation to charity I don't question to the level of trying to resolve the worlds problems, it's an instantaneous decision based on the moment.

Considering your responses I really do question why you gave £10 considering 30% buys someone a Rolls Royce.

Actually your opinion is completely opposite to seeing the wider picture. You don't seem to be able to see past your own inflated ego.

Have you done any research into where money from comic relief has gone in previous years? I ask this knowing the answer is no because your claims that there are "little or no results" prove this.

I'll say it again, stop trying to discuss things you know nothing about and can't even be bothered to do any research into.

Archived