I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

I never said you did.

You seem to have a problem with my reasons to not giving to comic relief. I have stated my reasons - end of.

You or no-one else will change my mind on this.

Nope.

I've already told you my only problem.

Ive also made my decision like you. It was nice to see Macmillan Cancer Care collecting in Morrisons today. Plenty people were giving, including myself, to this worth cause.

They were also collecting for the Japanese earthquake/sunami victims today, and somehow I thought their immediate need was greater. Just for now.

With your obvious concern about care for the elderly in this country, you may be surprised to know that Comic Relief funded the first study about elder abuse. From the CR website: http://www.comicrelief.com/how-we-help/the-difference-we-have-made/lasting-change

'Together with the Department of Health we funded the first ever elder abuse prevalence study which has led to a government commitment to implement new procedures to protect older people from abuse.'

I watched the film 'Dad' with Richard Briers, but didn't connect it to Comic Relief. I hope it has had a similar effect on people as 'Cathy Come Home' did 40+ years ago. But well done to Comic Relief for highlighting the plight of the elderly.

I have answered it prevously - people need prevention rather than cure.

Now off to finish watching the rugger as I have been distracted and we are losing.....

Besides, there's no profit in cure.. the profit is in medicine. It's not in the finacial interests of leading countries to fix africa, that's why nothing ever changes no matter how much money we send them.

Besides, there's no profit in cure.. the profit is in medicine. It's not in the finacial interests of leading countries to fix africa, that's why nothing ever changes no matter how much money we send them.

The amount of people spouting this rubbish is really starting to annoy me.

I say your close on the mark, the way I see it it's not in the interest of the leading countries and multi-nationals to fix Africa when they can keep on exploiting it.

The amount of people spouting this rubbish is really starting to annoy me.

Take a deep breath no need to get annoyed, people are entitled to their opinions and a right to express them. Just because we dont believe in the same thing.

Archived