I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

shall we just agree to disagree. You donate who you want to donate to and I will donate who I want to donate to. How about that eh ??

Yes PLEASE lets agree to disagree, as I don't think you fully understand how these things work.

Yes PLEASE lets agree to disagree, as I don't think you fully understand how these things work.

Dont patronise me....I fully understand hun I could say your a little nieve to think what you do but I chose not to get personal...... so no need whatsoever for the last comment.

It was suppose to be handshake as such but oh well...you carry on hun

Dont patronise me....I fully understand hun I could say your a little nieve to think what you do but I chose not to get personal...... so no need whatsoever for the last comment.

It was suppose to be handshake as such but oh well...you carry on hun

I wasn't patronising you at all. You don't seem to have many points in your posts, you made the "point" that the situation is always the same, however you didn't explain which situation and what you expected to have happened. (that's why I figured you didn't understand)

I'm not naive in the slightest, I've worked alongside the people who benefit from the funding and it's certainly not naive to say that it has changed their lives.

Having read most of the posts on this thread I felt compelled to join the forum if only to post my point of view on the subject of Comic relief.

<snip>

Yeh but what about all the millions that are spent on Rolls Royce cars and swimming pools and nuks and dolly mixtures and.......ok I'll stop.

Nice post cbc001. I watched the programme last night too. Say no more about that, a bit to raw still on the senses.

Comic releif is all about long terms benefits, not simply addressing short term needs which is why I support it. Check out the comic releif website page How we Help.

They really do great work!

I know just what you mean Skinz.

I don't watch 'live' television, so all of this 'Comic relief' claptrap - wealthy z-list celebrities being given a BBC career boost at the TV Licence fee payers expense - tends to pass me by.

Still, it keeps all of the 'talented' overpaid luvvies off the streets (and out of the expensive night clubs)...

I don't watch 'live' television, so all of this 'Comic relief' claptrap - wealthy z-list celebrities being given a BBC career boost at the TV Licence fee payers expense - tends to pass me by.

Still, it keeps all of the 'talented' overpaid luvvies off the streets (and out of the expensive night clubs)...

There is nothing wrong with being wealthy AND doing something for charity at the same time. The two are not mutually exclusive.

The government is enforcing cut backs in this country, which has affected the social services etc in this country.

You cannot justify any a massive TV relief programme which gives to overseas whilst things are so bad in this country.

Would you like to lose care or your job whilst god knows how mant £Billions are sent out of this country by the government.

I think you can. Actually, when they were showing the videos of Africa on RND

how can you say the UK is anywhere near as bad?

I've not donated to comic relief because they do work in the UK. The money would be much better spend all in Africa where they need it the most.

What I don't think if justifiable is the fact that Comic Relief give money to a middle class kid who's got voices in his head when they could be giving it to an Afrian who hasn't eaten in a week.

I'd rather donate to a charity working solely in Africa.

But did you donate?

Comic Relief is seen as a major booze-fest for those who attend the after-show parties.

Super wealthy celebrities slapping each other on the back, sipping expensive champagne and nibbling canapes whilst congratulating each other on how generous they are for giving up an evening's pay in return for massive public exposure and a significant career boost...

Archived