I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

Comic Relief is seen as a major booze-fest for those who attend the after-show parties.

Super wealthy celebrities slapping each other on the back, sipping expensive champagne and nibbling canapes whilst congratulating each other on how generous they are for giving up an evening's pay in return for massive public exposure and a significant career boost...

I'm sure your sources for this information are excellent.

I wasn't patronising you at all. You don't seem to have many points in your posts, you made the "point" that the situation is always the same, however you didn't explain which situation and what you expected to have happened. (that's why I figured you didn't understand)

I'm not naive in the slightest, I've worked alongside the people who benefit from the funding and it's certainly not naive to say that it has changed their lives.

I fully understand what goes off hun.

But even watching what I did last night means I will still only donate to local or uk charities.

End of.....

Comic Relief is seen as a major booze-fest for those who attend the after-show parties.

Super wealthy celebrities slapping each other on the back, sipping expensive champagne and nibbling canapes whilst congratulating each other on how generous they are for giving up an evening's pay in return for massive public exposure and a significant career boost...

Nah donations don't pay for that, you pay for it via your license fee.

=)

I don't watch 'live' television, so all of this 'Comic relief' claptrap - wealthy z-list celebrities being given a BBC career boost at the TV Licence fee payers expense - tends to pass me by.

Still, it keeps all of the 'talented' overpaid luvvies off the streets (and out of the expensive night clubs)...

There is no law against being wealthy and not giving to charity. Good to see these celebrities giving up their time to help those who need it don't you think?:)

Don't be ridiculous.

Only those without wisdom give their money to Comic Relief. I certainly have no intention of making a wealthy BBC Luvvie feel better about their life by donating my hard earned money.

So you have absolutely no knowledge about Comic Relief but feel the need to link it to your preaches about the BBC.

There is no law against being wealthy and not giving to charity. Good to see these celebrities giving up their time to help those who need it don't you think?:)

Interviewer resents anyone having money because he aint got 2 farthings to rub together. Giving it to a starving kid is just plain criminal, let alone a starving African kid.:hihi:

Archived