I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

Don't be ridiculous.

Only those without wisdom give their money to Comic Relief. I certainly have no intention of making a wealthy BBC Luvvie feel better about their life by donating my hard earned.

What absolute drivel. If you can sit in front of a televsion and watch people with nothing suffering and not feel willing to help so be it. But to question peoples wisdon becuase they choose to help is pretty shabby quite frankly!

Of course things change.

Or do individual lives not matter to you either?

I understand and agree with your points but that doesn't take away from the fact that the money from comic relief has an amazing impact on many and changes their lives.

Of course it helps but the cycle of poverty remains the same.. that never changes. The countries I mentioned that could do something to end it can't continue making half hearted attempts just to be seen to be doing something when in actuality they're doing nothing to prevent future generations from suffering the same plight. Our money might save the eye sight of a little girl who's great great grandaughter will most likely die from malnutrition or starvation.

I don't actually pay my BBC TV Licence fee. I refuse.

Because of this the BBC treats me like a convicted criminal.

Okay you seem to know quite a lot about Comic Relief given that you didn't even watch the TV programme.

Or are you admitting to everyone that you do in fact have a TV and do watch the BBC and are a criminal because of it?

Because I'm sure the forum would be more than happy to supply your IP to the authorities to bring a criminal to justice if that is what you're saying?

What I don't think if justifiable is the fact that Comic Relief give money to a middle class kid who's got voices in his head when they could be giving it to an Afrian who hasn't eaten in a week.

And will the child in Africa be any different next year when yet more millions have been irresponsibly thrown at the place, let's look one year ahead, do you honestly think things will have changed? Or will we be asked once again to dip into our pockets for yet more guns and RPGs etc or another bathroom with gold plated fittings for the presidents of these countries.

And will the child in Africa be any different next year when yet more millions have been irresponsibly thrown at the place, let's look one year ahead, do you honestly think things will have changed? Or will we be asked once again to dip into our pockets for yet more guns and RPGs etc or another bathroom with gold plated fittings for the presidents of these countries.

Seriously? More of this rubbish?

It's evident from your posts you've no idea how the funds are spent so why keep making up stories?

What absolute drivel. If you can sit in front of a televsion and watch people with nothing suffering and not feel willing to help so be it. But to question peoples wisdon becuase they choose to help is pretty shabby quite frankly!

Fools and their money are easily parted. 't was always so.

Only these days we have a state broadcaster that can put on a TV extravaganza to help middle-class luvvies, some of whom may have fallen out of public favour and are in dire need of a televisual return, feel less guilty about their privileged lifestyles...

Seriously? More of this rubbish?

It's evident from your posts you've no idea how the funds are spent so why keep making up stories?

There is no need to be rude you're just acting like a couple of other members who frequently turn discussions into arguments to get the topic closed.

What has really changed in the 20+ years of Comic Relief? the answer very little despite the £Millions.

What does that say to you? Doesn't it say they're going about it the wrong way or misspedning the money

There is no need to be rude you're just acting like a couple of other members who frequently turn discussions into arguments to get the topic closed.

What has really changed in the 20+ years of Comic Relief? the answer very little despite the £Millions.

What does that say to you? Doesn't it say they're going about it the wrong way or misspedning the money

I'm not being rude, I'm just highlighting the fact that despite having no idea how the money is spend/the changes it has made, you feel the need to make up stories and announce that it's not making a difference.

Archived