I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

Guest sibon
Which are for the UK and which are for Africa?

I'd guess that protecting 10 million people against malaria was an African project. That is pretty life changing. Educating 72 000 people is pretty impressive too... and it will have a permanent impact.

I presume that you read about the projects that they fund in Rwanda and Uganda.

Now, answer my question please.

Thanks for responding to me for once. :)

As a musician for many years I've played at god knows how many charity events and as far as I know I've never turned any down going back to Aberfan in 1966.

But I object to throwing good money after bad I also get more than a little cynical each time a new charity springs up having through gaining first hand knowledge of the wages paid to some of these charity directors.

I'd guess that protecting 10 million people against malaria was an African project. That is pretty life changing. Educating 72 000 people is pretty impressive too... and it will have a permanent impact.

I don't need to answer the answers are provided every year.

Why did they need aid, where did the foreign aid given to them go?

Of course, the BBC TV Licence fee raises £3.6 billion pounds every year (and increasing).

The head people at the BBC, if they truly supported decreasing poverty in Africa, could donate the majority of this huge sum to charity. Instead, they much prefer to produce mind numbing shows such as 'Cash In The Attic' and thus ensure that a paltry £74 million is all that is donated.

Comic Relief to the BBC is mainly about the ratings. Disgusting.

What about the education projects provide?

Don't you think that has lasting effects?

I think you're the one who is naive, I believe you should do at least a little research before making silly claims don't you?

So next year what will have changed?

Archived