I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

Originally Posted by Bassman62

Why did they need aid, where did the foreign aid given to them go?

Do you mean the UK projects?

Or are you ONLY referring to the African ones?

Does foreign aid go to UK needy, I thought it was obvious what I was refering to, re-read my above post.

Wow, Children in Need has helped to protect 10 million people against malaria, that's not bad to start off with.

Not good enough for Bassman though, he thinks they should be plugging the holes in NHS spending rather than have the Government do it.

So next year what will have changed?

Its not about change for an entire country or continent, its about change for individual people and families and in that regard it makes a massive difference.

The trouble with your view point is that is suggests we should ignore the plight of ordinary people because regimes are at fault or political circumstances that create poverty wont change.

Did you look at the link provided by Sibon? It outlines changes and makes them very simple for you to understand.

I doesn't outline any changes it just outlines how unfit for government these people are, they were better off under colonial rule.

Guest sibon
Did you look at the link provided by Sibon? It outlines changes and makes them very simple for you to understand.

Not simple enough, clearly.

Comic Relief is a great thing, although I do prefer smaller charities with more focus.

If Bassman wants to PM me, I can put him in touch with a very tightly focussed charity, partially run from Sheffield that supports the education of young people in a very poor part of India. No Government interference or possibility of corruption, just some local people doing good. They are always looking for more donors.

If Bassman wants to PM me, I can put him in touch with a very tightly focussed charity, run from Sheffield that supports the education of young people in a very poor part of India.

Well they've been well and truly sucked in haven't they.

Archived