I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

A lot of problems in 3rd world countries are a direct result of our actions in those countries. Why shouldn't we oput some effort into helping folks caught up in the mess we have had a hand creating.

I don't expect Comic Relief send cash straight to poor countries for corrupt leaders to take. I think they are involved directly in projects on the ground to avoid giving (too much) to the corrupt. I'm not so naive to think the corrupt don't benefit at all.

As for the celebs, do you people complaining they don't donate know the celebs don't donate or is that just an assumption to justify your lazy cynicism/excuse for a cheap shot at a popular project?

A celeb putting their face behind CR may raise their profile slightly but given how so many people seem to be led by celebrity culture (just look at products that sell purely because they endorsed by celebs) I don't begrudge them that little bit of exposure. Even less so if they aren't being paid for their time.

If we continually give handouts to thirld world countries they will learn to expect it and breed more, which will make exaserp ...exaspor.....make the problem worse. Nobody ever learned anything about real life by being given handouts.

Terry 'Wigon' admits to getting paided for his 'work' on another BBC charity event. All this 'Celebs giving up their time for free' is pure fiction. Do members know how much it costs to get their mugs plastered across the telly? In advert exposure? Fortunes. Some of the CR berks would never get a look in, on mainstream telly.

We have milked the planet for all its worth since the industrial revolution and its time we put something back which includes helping people in Africa.

My fears are confirmed.

'Comic' Relief is nothing more than an extremely lucrative middle class guilt trip. An exercise in making those who lead very comfortable lives feel better about themselves - and mostly at the expense of the poor in this country.

Truly sickening.

Archived