I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

We have milked the planet for all its worth since the industrial revolution and its time we put something back which includes helping people in Africa.

You and the rest of the capitalist class may have "milked the planet for all its worth", but whilst you were doing that my relatives and I were being economically exploited - down mines, up chimneys and fighting your wars of territorial expansion.

We can argue till the cows come home over Comic Relief. Those who give, and those who dont want to give.

The thing is, if we are educating these people, why do we keep having to give money year after year ?

Please look at a map.

Can you see the size of the African continent?

How on earth can people even think for a second that 23 years of comic relief money could fix an entire continent let alone the rest of the world.

You don't give money, so it's quite frankly nothing to do with you where the money goes.

Why do we keep giving old people money year after year?

Of course, if you think it ok to leave them to spend their life in complete poverty whilst you enjoy all of your wealth, that is fine. I don't share your opinion.

Shouldn't you be preaching this middle class guilt trip to the Indian government - who are ultimately fully responsible for leaving their citizens to rot and die in absolute poverty?

Shouldn't you be delivering these wonderful sentiments to the numerous Indian £billionaires who do not share your values?

Please look at a map.

Can you see the size of the African continent?

How on earth can people even think for a second that 23 years of comic relief money could fix an entire continent let alone the rest of the world.

You don't give money, so it's quite frankly nothing to do with you where the money goes.

Why do we keep giving old people money year after year?

I thought the idea of a forum, and this thread was to have an open honest discussion, with people expressing their opinions, and thats what Im doing.

I thought the idea of a forum, and this thread was to have an open honest discussion, with people expressing their opinions, and thats what Im doing.

You're expressing your opinion with no reasoning behind it, then not answering questions when asked.

It is, and most of us do. Thats why I posted this information about the work done by Comic Relief for the elderly in the UK in reply to one of your earlier posts: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7419955&postcount=344

You may not have spotted it. ;)

Archived