I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

My fears are confirmed.

'Comic' Relief is nothing more than an extremely lucrative middle class guilt trip. An exercise in making those who lead very comfortable lives feel better about themselves - and mostly at the expense of the poor in this country.

Truly sickening.

My fears are confirmed.

You lack any shred of decency, humanity or compassion.

Truly sickening.

I am proud to state that I didn't participate in this luvvie 'feel good' event, neither watching the poor quality 'entertainment' or donating a single penny.

Today I can hold my head up high and know that I have made a difference.

Its called personal choice,is it not ?:)

Shouldn't you be preaching this middle class guilt trip to the Indian government - who are ultimately fully responsible for leaving their citizens to rot and die in absolute poverty?

Shouldn't you be delivering these wonderful sentiments to the numerous Indian £billionaires who do not share your values?

What has India to do with Comic Relief?

And I don't know if anyone spotted my post earlier but those who are taxes payers and do not wish to donate to Comic Relief, it's hardlines because our Government has donated £10 million according to Comic Reliefs website.

Guest sibon
Shouldn't you be preaching this middle class guilt trip to the Indian government - who are ultimately fully responsible for leaving their citizens to rot and die in absolute poverty?

Shouldn't you be delivering these wonderful sentiments to the numerous Indian £billionaires who do not share your values?

Middle class... moi?

Are Dinnington and Maltby middle class now? I think that you meant "well educated".

As for the rest of your post ... do keep up.

Its called personal choice,is it not ?:)

It certainly is.

The way 'Comic' Relief (and other similar wealthy 'Luvvie' fronted charity schemes) operate is to instill a sense of guilt into those most vulnerable, in order to extract the maximum financial output.

This pressure is nothing short of emotional blackmail targetted at the weakest members of society.

Guest sibon
It certainly is.

The way 'Comic' Relief (and other similar wealthy 'Luvvie' fronted charity schemes) operate is to instill a sense of guilt into those most vulnerable, in order to extract the maximum financial output.

This pressure is nothing short of emotional blackmail targetted at the weakest members of society.

For a man who doesn't watch TV, you seem to know a lot about it:suspect:

What has India to do with Comic Relief?

Absolutely nothing. I was quoting a post which did concern India.

And I don't know if anyone spotted my post earlier but those who are taxes payers and do not wish to donate to Comic Relief, it's hardlines because our Government has donated £10 million according to Comic Reliefs website.

Yes, in this 'Time Of Austerity' the ConDems are extremely fond of giving away large sums of money to corrupt, incompetent and wealthy regimes - rather than spending it on essential services which benefit the people of this country.

Yet more reason to hate the super rich capitalists in power who constantly tell us that there is no money left and that "We are all in this together".

Archived