I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

If the elderly and sick are having a hard time of it in this country it is because of the Government and their spending priorities.

Agreed. Government cuts in essential public services whilst simultaneously massively increasing International Development Aid for corrupt (Pakistan/Afghanistan), incompetent (Many African states) and super wealthy (India) regimes.

And now we learn that an extra £10 million has gone to 'Comic' Relief! But, of course, there is no money left in the kitty for British pensioners and the poor. There never is when it comes to our own people...

Agreed. Government cuts in essential public services whilst simultaneously massively increasing International Development Aid for corrupt (Pakistan/Afghanistan), incompetent (Many African states) and super wealthy (India) regimes.

Yawn I'm glad we give aid to all the above they deserve it.

Ps I have never been harassed by the BBC re tv licensing.

You have absolutely no idea of the changes the money makes, that is obvious from every post you make. So why do you hold this "opinion"?

Hmmm. 'Comic' Relief reappears every few years, so obviously the changes the money makes are not sustainable.

For if 'Comic' Relief did offer a real and lasting solution to the immense problems facing Africa then why should it constantly require the need to make ever greater financial demands upon the hard pressed British people?

'Comic' Relief is temporary relief, nothing more. It smacks of the old colonial attitudes in which the philanthropic rich white man uses his wealth and power to 'help' the poor black natives.

Giving money to 'Comic' Relief can seriously be considered as a form of racist mindset leftover from the time of the British Empire.

Archived