I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

Hmmm. 'Comic' Relief reappears every few years, so obviously the changes the money makes are not sustainable.

For if 'Comic' Relief did offer a real and lasting solution to the immense problems facing Africa then why should it constantly require the need to make ever greater financial demands upon the hard pressed British people?

'Comic' Relief' is temporary relief, nothing more. It smacks of the old colonial attitudes in which the philanthropic rich white man uses his wealth and power to 'help' the poor black natives.

Giving money to 'Comic Relief' can seriously be considered as a form of racist mindset leftover from the time of the British Empire.

How offensive.

I agree it may be temporary relief in some instances, so I will donate again next time and whenever I can afford to.

How offensive.

I agree it may be temporary relief in some instances, so I will donate again next time and whenever I can afford to.

My thoughts exactly there are too many selfish people about who only think of their own self only.

patricia you give your money to bluebell wood if you like, i would give mine to another charity, as much as bluebell wood is a needy charity, i think you should know that the person who runs it is fantastic but he drives round in a red farrari or used to! so whats the differance.

The BBC is selling us a lie (again). 'Comic' Relief cannot solve the internal problems of failed African states, which are exacerbated by corrupt and incompetent government and near constant civil war.

But that is not the point of the exercise, is it? 'Comic' Relief is mainly about making affluent white folk feel good about giving a tiny amount of their wealth to poor black folk.

Personally, I feel that such racist attitudes must be challenged.

so why dont we support our own country? i watched most of comic relief, i enjoyed it, it was funny, did you see the bit in that hospital in africa, 4 children with malaria and a machine that would only support 3, the doc had to decide which one had to DIE!! WHY? what happened to the millions they raised last year! and the year before and the last 20 years, is the money thats pledged to comic relief not being spent there?

The BBC is selling us a lie (again). 'Comic' Relief cannot solve the internal problems of failed African states, which are exacerbated by corrupt and incompetent government and near constant civil war.

But that is not the point of the exercise, is it? 'Comic' Relief is mainly about making affluent white folk feel good about giving a tiny amount of their wealth to poor black folk.

Personally, I feel that such racist attitudes must be challenged.

I think you need to do a little research too don't you?

Please at least have a look at the various projects comic relief funds.

patricia you give your money to bluebell wood if you like, i would give mine to another charity, as much as bluebell wood is a needy charity, i think you should know that the person who runs it is fantastic but he drives round in a red farrari or used to! so whats the differance.

Only he can answer that..I also give to The Marie Curie Cancer Trust and The MacMillan Cancer Organisation.

Does anybody else feel nauseous when super rich celebrities - looking for a PR friendly hobby to support their main concern (making money) - preach to the poor about how we should donate our hard earned to their pet causes?

If all the super wealthy Comic Relief celebs, people such as George Michael, Keira Knightley, Rio Ferdinand, Sir Paul McCartney, Justin Bieber, Lenny Henry, Richard Madeley etc. gave up a year's income to charity there would be no need for a Comic Relief next time.

Hell. These people can afford to give up TEN years income. But they won't.

It's not because they won't give money away.. it's because they can't give money away. Don't forget; in the celebs world, you're no one if you're not on the Forbes list.

What is this?? Trollethon!!
I'm beginning to think that the word "TROLL" is secret code for- could a freind on the moderation team please close this thread because the moral crusaders are losing the argument.:hihi: All's fair in love 'n' social discussion mano... play the game!!!!

Please look at a map.

Can you see the size of the African continent?

How on earth can people even think for a second that 23 years of comic relief money could fix an entire continent let alone the rest of the world.

You don't give money, so it's quite frankly nothing to do with you where the money goes.

Why do we keep giving old people money year after year?

Maybe because they paid their dues into the kitty while they were working and got nothing in return untill they retired. Are you for real? or are you just after scoring few brownie points for being a really really good person?... you say all the right things don't you.

Archived