I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

Correct, but I have often seen plates collected up where the meal hasnt been touched. Sometimes the support staff do not realise that the patient cannot feed themselves. Shortage of staff once more.

As i'vepointed out this happened to my mother in law.

Nurses don't even put the food out for the patients on the wards. Admittedly, they are accountable for the overall care of the patients on the wards, but they cannot be every where to witness everything that happens, they have to rely upon their support staff not being negligent.

That's truly amazing that you accept that elderly patients go without meals and it's always somebody elses fault.

As i'vepointed out this happened to my mother in law.

It also happened to my mother. Also I waited with her in A & E ,a 90year old with a chest infection, from 10pm at night until 8am next morning until a bed could be found for her. Meanwhile drunks & drug addicts rolled up and held all the queue up. (not the fault of the nurses and doctors) but wrong.

Isnt it up to the idividual to decide on who they give their money to.

If Pattricia decides to give to the elderly in the uk rather than Comic Relief surely thats up to her??

If I had £10 to give to charity - either a Cancer charity in the UK or starving kids in Africa then its going to the Cancer charity as its close to my heart.

I do not have to justify why I do this and neither should anyone else. I dont giving a flying toss who agrees with it or not....

It does make me wonder though how many who are banging on about did actually donate.

Isnt it up to the idividual to decide on who they give their money to.

If Pattricia decides to give to the elderly in the uk rather than Comic Relief surely thats up to her??

If I had £10 to give to charity - either a Cancer charity in the UK or starving kids in Africa then its going to the Cancer charity as its close to my heart.

I do not have to justify why I do this and neither should anyone else. I dont giving a flying toss who agrees with it or not....

It does make me wonder though how many who are banging on about did actually donate.

The thread was started on a negative note about Comic Relief - so its hardly surprising that people who support the event disagreed.

You are right of course, it is about people's choices, but trying to compare giving to any charity with examples of poor working practices in one of our publicly funded services (NHS) took the thread off track a bit.

As Comic Relief has raised more money this time than ever before, it obviously has huge support. ;) But that doesn't mean people who give to it don't support others also, just as you support cancer charities. Our main charitable giving is to the British Heart Foundation - for personal reasons.

That's truly amazing that you accept that elderly patients go without meals and it's always somebody elses fault.

It's truly amazing that you are still going on about the problems with the NHS, which is the fault of successive Governments and has NOTHING to do with Comic Relief.

It also happened to my mother. Also I waited with her in A & E ,a 90year old with a chest infection, from 10pm at night until 8am next morning until a bed could be found for her. Meanwhile drunks & drug addicts rolled up and held all the queue up. (not the fault of the nurses and doctors) but wrong.

How is this relevant to Comic Relief. As I've said on this thread time and time again the inadequacies of the NHS or other services that depend upon our Government to adequately fund them have nothing to do with individuals donating to comic relief.

Have a go at the Government, why are you having a go at a charity?

It's truly amazing that you are still going on about the problems with the NHS, which is the fault of successive Governments and has NOTHING to do with Comic Relief.
Oh yes it has according to a news article on the news this morning £80Billion has been cut from our welfare bill therefore all our thoughts should be on this countries needy and not doing the job of African dictators.

African countrys Like Zimbabwe and Kenya were left in a brilliant state when they achieved independence, look at them now.

Why isn't Nigerian oil being used for the benefit of all African people. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the money from 'Comic Relief' went to that oil rich country.

How is this relevant to Comic Relief. As I've said on this thread time and time again the inadequacies of the NHS or other services that depend upon our Government to adequately fund them have nothing to do with individuals donating to comic relief.

Have a go at the Government, why are you having a go at a charity?

My bold= Because charity begins at home.

Archived