I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

The thread was started on a negative note about Comic Relief - so its hardly surprising that people who support the event disagreed.

You are right of course, it is about people's choices, but trying to compare giving to any charity with examples of poor working practices in one of our publicly funded services (NHS) took the thread off track a bit.

As Comic Relief has raised more money this time than ever before, it obviously has huge support. ;) But that doesn't mean people who give to it don't support others also, just as you support cancer charities. Our main charitable giving is to the British Heart Foundation - for personal reasons.

No I am not surprised how this thread has gone tbh....

Yes it has huge support and I don't knock anyone for donating....I havent said to anyone on this thread that they are wrong for doing so either and neither should anyone else

The less money going out of the country the more for our own needy.

i knew you was going to say that, comic relief has ALWAYS given money to uk charities too, not purely foreign

BUT they dont prop up government innitiatives when they underfund them

i knew you was going to say that, comic relief has ALWAYS given money to uk charities too, not purely foreign

BUT they dont prop up government innitiatives when they underfund them

Are we going to be back here next year viiewing film of the same people in the same countrys and me and one or two enlightened people asking the same questions because gullible people fall for the same old sob storys.

Are we going to be back here next year viiewing film of the same people in the same countrys and me and one or two enlightened people asking the same questions because gullible people fall for the same old sob storys.

lol @ enlightened

more like right wing racists who cant see beyond their own backsides

Until you have been to 3rd world country and seen how the children there live please don't comment , we have not got the poverty they have , we have access to clean water housing and good health care!

I have been to many countrieslike these and have seen poverty!

lol @ enlightened

more like right wing racists who cant see beyond their own backsides

I'm sure race as nothing to do with it. You seem content giving your donations to a cause that will never fix the situation it's trying to fix. It wouldn't matter if one million trillion pounds was raised every year, in 20 years time they'll still be pleading for our money to help those poor starving children because certain countries that are profiteering from the situation in africa won't allow the cycle of poverty to end. If you want to blame someone I'd start there mel.

Until you have been to 3rd world country and seen how the children there live please don't comment , we have not got the poverty they have , we have access to clean water housing and good health care!

I have been to many countrieslike these and have seen poverty!

so your saying people are not allowed an opinion if they havent experienced it???

Maybe people shouldnt donate then if they havent experienced it either. Coz isnt donating like a sign of opinion in that you feel for these people so you donate?

Hopefully.

Because hopefully the money raised will have saved their lives.

Archived