I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

There are some miserable sods on here. Children In Need is for children in the UK and to be fair a lot of it goes on what Africans would regard as luxuries.

Comic relief goes to much more serious life-saving causes. We have been exploiting Africa for hundreds of years and we still do in many ways. It does no harm to give something back and have a good night's entertainment into the bargain.

I beg to differ.

There are some miserable sods on here. Children In Need is for children in the UK and to be fair a lot of it goes on what Africans would regard as luxuries.

Comic relief goes to much more serious life-saving causes. We have been exploiting Africa for hundreds of years and we still do in many ways. It does no harm to give something back and have a good night's entertainment into the bargain.

To ease our conscience you mean? Very noble of us.

I wonder how many 'pledged', and the next day, never gave the money over? Or is it different now?

I did it by text on my mobile phone as my Wife also did, I've made no secret of objecting for reasons that I think are quite valid to money going to Africa but still donated knowing that some of my donation would go to Afrca, it may do some good but I doubt it.

. We have been exploiting Africa for hundreds of years and we still do in many ways. It does no harm to give something back and have a good night's entertainment into the bargain.

Can you tell me exactly who the we are?

I did it by text on my mobile phone as my Wife also did, I've made no secret of objecting for reasons that I think are quite valid to money going to Africa but still donated knowing that some of my donation would go to Afrca, it may do some good but I doubt it.

Thanks, how much did you give? I'm still glad I donated nothing, and feel good others have a concern about donating outside of this needy Country.

We have been exploiting Africa for hundreds of years and we still do in many ways. It does no harm to give something back and have a good night's entertainment into the bargain.

You may have been exploiting Africa for "hundreds of years" but I certainly have not. Nor has anybody that I know.

Your taste in a so-called good night's 'entertainment' (poor quality BBC dross) is only matched by your hand wringing, crocodile tears, guilt-junkie excuse for an opinion.

I find your views to be very offensive.

You may have been exploiting Africa for "hundreds of years" but I certainly have not. Nor has anybody that I know.

Your taste in a so-called good night's 'entertainment' (poor quality BBC dross) is only matched by your hand wringing, crocodile tears, guilt-junkie excuse for an opinion.

I find your views to be very offensive.

Oh, get over yourself :rolleyes:

Guest sibon

Yes you have. Unless you are unbelievably right on.

That would be truly unbelievable.

Yes you have. Unless you are unbelievably right on.

That would be truly unbelievable.

What is really unbelievable is that I am supposed to have been exploiting Africa for hundreds of years when I certainly have not lived anywhere near that long.

In which case you are asking me to accept that the sins of the ancestors MUST be passed on to future generations. This is despicable.

This wicked mentality supports children being punished for the crimes of their parents. You, and others who advocate generational guilt, would drag us back to the dark ages.

Archived