I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

What is really unbelievable is that I am supposed to have been exploiting Africa for hundreds of years when I certainly have not lived anywhere near that long.

In which case you are asking me to accept that the sins of the ancestors MUST be passed on to future generations. This is despicable.

This wicked mentality supports children being punished for the crimes of their parents. You, and others who advocate generational guilt, would drag us back to the dark ages.

we live comfortably cos of the theft from others etc

You may have been exploiting Africa for "hundreds of years" but I certainly have not. Nor has anybody that I know.

Your taste in a so-called good night's 'entertainment' (poor quality BBC dross) is only matched by your hand wringing, crocodile tears, guilt-junkie excuse for an opinion.

I find your views to be very offensive.

I'm glad to hear that you don't come from a country that colonised Africa. Also delighted that you don't use gold, diamonds, food, flowers etc. produced by people who are half starved.

As for the entertainment value, the viewing figures show you to be in a minority.

If you find my original statement to be "very offensive" you are indeed a sensitive soul. Pity such sensitivity is restricted to your own feelings with none left for the needy.

You may have been exploiting Africa for "hundreds of years" but I certainly have not. Nor has anybody that I know.

Your taste in a so-called good night's 'entertainment' (poor quality BBC dross) is only matched by your hand wringing, crocodile tears, guilt-junkie excuse for an opinion.

I find your views to be very offensive.

As i'm sure many people do yours. Do you actively seek out threads about the BBC to moan?.

You might live comfortably under this capitalist system (during a time of economic austerity and massive public sector cuts). I certainly do not.

I haven't stolen anything from other people, and find the accusation to be offensive. Especially when I realise it is just a crude attempt at smearing me with your imperialist guilt.

Drop the old colonial mentality - we don't run Africa anymore (thank heavens) and are not responsible for the continent's problems.

All you have done is inarticulately express Kipling's 'White Man's Burden' racist colonial attitude. Are you proud of yourself?

As i'm sure many people do yours.

Only those with a massive guilt complex and who believe in punishing the children for the sins of the father.

Do you actively seek out threads about the BBC to moan?.

I simply highlight issues which the very powerful BBC would prefer to remain hidden from view.

What is really unbelievable is that I am supposed to have been exploiting Africa for hundreds of years when I certainly have not lived anywhere near that long.

In which case you are asking me to accept that the sins of the ancestors MUST be passed on to future generations. This is despicable.

This wicked mentality supports children being punished for the crimes of their parents. You, and others who advocate generational guilt, would drag us back to the dark ages.

I believe the truth is that you object to money being spent on black africans because they're black and african.

I believe the truth is that you object to money being spent on black africans because they're black and african.

I'm not certain that you have ever been acquainted with the truth.

Now, do you feel that the blame for historical colonial injustices is hereditary? Do you feel, as some others do on here, that 'Comic' Relief is in reality a system for the delivery of financial reparations owed to Africa by the descendants of the imperialist powers?

'Comic' Relief is a remnant of the post-colonial guilt mentality which paralyses knee-jerk liberals into a specific response. It is about making weak minded people feel better about events that happened many, many years ago (in a vastly different era) and cannot ever be reversed.

This is the truth of the matter, no matter how much you try to spin it to fit your simplistic agenda.

I'm not certain that you have ever been acquainted with the truth.

Now, do you feel that the blame for historical colonial injustices is hereditary? Do you feel, as some others do on here, that 'Comic' Relief is in reality a system for the delivery of financial reparations owed to Africa by the descendants of the imperialist powers?

'Comic' Relief is a remnant of the post-colonial guilt mentality which paralyses knee-jerk liberals into a specific response. It is about making weak minded people feel better about events that happened many, many years ago (in a vastly different era) and cannot ever be reversed.

This is the truth of the matter, no matter how much you try to spin it to fit your simplistic agenda.

No, it's about helping some of the most helpless people in the world - you don't like it because some of them are black africans.

Archived