I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

The difference was the he was able to dictate where his money was spent.

Who will oversee our money, what will have changed by this time next year?

The fact you give to a charity dictates where the money is spent, you spend it on that charity. How it is spent and who it goes to specifically in the case of CR is irrelevant because when you give to that charity your hopes are that it will be used wisely. Again I'm amazed at your arrogance that it goes on gold taps or shiny new cars when you yourself have proclaimed you and the 'missus' also donated. Think long and hard. A set of people give because they feel moved to do so or a set of people give knowing full well the money goes on gold taps. Who's the idiot? Or did you think arrogantly than your £10 is far better that any others £10 and would be directly aimed at a particular starving child?

Is there any point keeping repeating the fact that comic relief money is spent on children in the UK too?

Scarcely - all the idiots who object because some money goes to black african kids are hardly likely to be bothered anyway.

Scarcely - all the idiots who object because some money goes to black african kids are hardly likely to be bothered anyway.

Their point is it doesn't, it goes on Gold plated taps. The stupidity of the objectioners is they are in a world of their own and think those that give never consider corruption, they believe that is their domain because they are somehow far more knowledgeable, where in reality most understand that sums of money do get misappropriated and that's the point, much doesn't. I suppose it's a degree of how much you want to froth about the corruption at the cost of lives on the ground who frankly don't care as long as their lot is a little better or improved.

The difference was the he was able to dictate where his money was spent.

Who will oversee our money, what will have changed by this time next year?

There is nothing stopping you doing the same and bypassing a charity yourself if you do have a pathological suspicion of charities. If you don't have the money you could donate your time instead.

I Watched abit of 'comic relief' last friday. Didnt watch it all but caught a few bits of it and on one part they showed a video of tiny babies in which ever country. These babies were dying of different diesese's. I was very nearly in tears, bless their little soles. Next to them their parents, looking rather healthy. Now what really gets me going is the fact their selfish parents are bringing them in to a world where they suffer like that?? How is that right??

Then we get asked to donate money to help them?? How is that right. Surely any parent who knew of the dangers and diesese's their country brings would not bring a child into that world?? To watch them suffer!!

i do not understand it!

I can't believe this thread has gone on so long. Pity it wasn't sponsored. ;)

But it couldn't have been - too many disagreements about what constitutes charity. :shakes:

I think I like this description best: Charity: Love; universal benevolence; good will.

Archived