I'm Not Giving Comic Relief Any Of My Money

I just feel like squirming when its on. Ok , I feel sorry for the poor countries, but I still say see to our own first. :)

Yeah, me too. It's the same old crap. So called 'funny' segment, then the . . the . . . the . . . the . . . 'This is why we need your money ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'

We need the help here, its a bloody disgrace.

Ridiculous. You cannot possibly compare the levels of poverty in this country with those in places like India, 2-3 year olds scrabbling around in mud with pigs, child labour, disabled on the streets begging. Get a grip.

Wake up man, India has more £Billionairs than the UK it is also a nuclear power, we're giving £400million+ in foreign aid to pakistan another nuclear power awash with £Billionairs.

My elderly neighbour who is 94 and in very frail health was told during a recent ilness that she could only have carer visits for a maximum of 6 weeks.

She is fighting cancer, sciatica, and a recent broken hip, she's had to pay for a stairlift to be installed.

Don't tell me or my neighbour and her family that India deserves our money more than she and many in this country like her do.

Wake up man, India has more £Billionairs than the UK it is also a nuclear power, we're giving £400million+ in foreign aid to pakistan another nuclear power awash with £Billionairs.

My elderly neighbour who is 94 and in very frail health was told during a recent ilness that she could only have carer visits for a maximum of 6 weeks.

She is fighting cancer, sciatica, and a recent broken hip, she's had to pay for a stairlift to be installed.

Don't tell me or my neighbour and her family that India deserves our money more than she and many in this country like her do.

The voice of reason.:)

Very well said.

We never said we needed handouts from the poorest people in the world. We said give the handouts to our own pensioners,some who have to sell their homes, to go into care, into a health service, in which they paid their National Insurance stamps into all their lives.

And now having paid their dues they're made out to look a burden on society because the benefits of the developments in medical science that was paid for by the tax they paid during their lives keeps them alive longer.

charity begins and ends at home as far as im concerned, how can we give money to other countries again and again, while we have children living in squalor in our own country and others living on the streets.

That argument is elastic because even if we had annual growth of 10% and full employment with jobs going begging and no problems at all you can guarantee there would still be squalor and people living on the streets. Some people and by default their offspring do not live in mainstream society even if the means are there to do so.

That argument is elastic because even if we had annual growth of 10% and full employment with jobs going begging and no problems at all you can guarantee there would still be squalor and people living on the streets. Some people and by default their offspring do not live in mainstream society even if the means are there to do so.

And there are many who don't want to live in destitute conditions.

It's amazing that inland revenue exchanges info with other government agencies but knowone told my late father in law of the benefits he was entitled to when suffering cancer and emphysema (Spelling).

I had to fill in hours of forms to get him and my late mother in law who'd suffered a stroke the benefits that they were entitled to, they got a 250% increase in money and no rent or council tax to pay.

Archived