The next big war

personally i don't think we'll ever have another 'big war'. well, not in a century or two at least.

NB-big war defined as an armed conflict between two of the world's superpowers or a multi-nations war with at least two of the world's super powers taking opposing sides.

personally i don't think we'll ever have another 'big war'. well, not in a century or two at least.

NB-big war defined as an armed conflict between two of the world's superpowers or a multi-nations war with at least two of the world's super powers taking opposing sides.

People were saying similar things towards the end of the 19th century, it was suggested that the countries trade links was too interconnected to allow major wars to happen.

With the weapons we now possess any future big war on a global scale would totally destroy the earth.

The nuclear weapons guarantee assured mutual destruction. No winners, all losers

All sides restricted their use of chemical weapons during WW2, maybe if WW3 were to happen nuclear weapon use would be restricted.

People were saying similar things towards the end of the 19th century, it was suggested that the countries trade links was too interconnected to allow major wars to happen.

All sides restricted their use of chemical weapons during WW2, maybe if WW3 were to happen nuclear weapon use would be restricted.[/quote]

I'm not so sure of that JFK. I heard that during the cold war that if the Soviet Divisons invaded West Germany through the Fulda Gap and the outnumbered NATO divisons were in serious retreat the option to use low yield nuclear weapons against them was very much on the table at NATO HQ.

Well, with the way things go right now I fear that the next big war will be a religious one. As much as I want to be mistaken, we can all see this massive, growing animosity between western world and certain fanatical Islamic leaders. And as much as I regard Islam as a peaceful religion, I'm afraid that few twisted maniacs will be more likely to follow their equally twisted leaders in the Holy War. We had a preview in Yogoslavia in 90's. Example of Serbian Christians who massacred Serbian Muslims and Serbian Orthodox and vice versa illustrates, how dangerous religion war can be not only because it'll involve the whole parts of the world, but mainly because we won't be save in our own country.

Archived