Found a decent MOT place

I’ve been paying £40 for the last few years to have the car MOT`d. A friend told me about a place on Hillside court Barbot hall Ind estate in Roth that is £25.

I was pleased with the guy (even though my old car failed the MOT on some welding). You could talk to the guy, he was very fair and reasonable. I got the car back within 2 weeks and it`s a free re-test. I can highly recommend the place. They do welding and repairs there but I chose to take my car some where else for the welding.

I don’t want to be advertising on here but if anyone needs a decent guy for an MOT, PM me.

I have not said that the time allowed to get the vehicle repaired without incurring a re-test fee is brilliant That, was merely some additional information to my opinion that I felt the guy was fair & reasonable. I think the 2 week “rule” is pretty universal, generally speaking. However, I have the impression that you know of a place or places that allow a longer period than 2 weeks without incurring a re-test fee. Do feel free to share this information with the rest of the forum.

I have not said that the time allowed to get the vehicle repaired without incurring a re-test fee is brilliant

That's how I read your OP, and would've posted previously had it not been locked at the time.

Taking a car back for a retest after 2 weeks with no retest fee is, indeed, brilliant:thumbsup:.

Well, tbh if it isn't that i can't see it in any other way...what does it mean then?

I read it as the OP had took the car from the testing station to get the work done, then returned after two weeks for a retest, but didn't have to pay a retest fee (which is usually only waived if the car is left at the testing station to have the work done).

I read it as the OP had took the car from the testing station to get the work done, then returned after two weeks for a retest, but didn't have to pay a retest fee (which is usually only waived if the car is left at the testing station to have the work done).

But then that would read "I took the car back in two weeks" rather than, "I got the car back in two weeks".

Archived