'Supermoon' tomorrow 19/3/11

It's been suggested it caused (or played a part in) the Japan earthquake. Loads of people say not but it makes sense, the moons closer, which means the gravity is stronger, changing tides, taking some stress off bits of the seabed etc. Extreme events have happened during every supermoon, the last one (or a recent one) was 2 weeks before the 2004 Tsunami.

It's been suggested it caused (or played a part in) the Japan earthquake. Loads of people say not but it makes sense, the moons closer, which means the gravity is stronger, changing tides, taking some stress off bits of the seabed etc. Extreme events have happened during every supermoon, the last one (or a recent one) was 2 weeks before the 2004 Tsunami.

great theory, its just a shame there's not a shred of peer reviewed work that suggests you're in any way correct.

Tomorrow night the werewolves will be much larger than usual, particularly around Whitby Abbey.

Garlic prices are expected to soar and the Lone Ranger has received several lucrative offers of employment.

Unfortunately he has been unable to accept them as his six-guns are illegal in the UK.

I wondered what on earth you were on about yesterday but last night I woke up at about 2.30 for a little tinkle, and from my bathroom window, it almost looked like maybe next door's garden security light was on it was that illuminated. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't like the sun was out or anything but it was notably brighter than usual.

And it's going to be even brighter tonight you say???

Archived