Are we at war with Libya?

I'm trying to understand the implications of our decision to take part in a no-fly zone over Libya.

Does this mean we are in yet another war, or what other status is appropriate to your military going into a foreign airspace and shooting at the forces of that land.

I'm trying to understand the implications of our decision to take part in a no-fly zone over Libya.

Does this mean we are in yet another war, or what other status is appropriate to your military going into a foreign airspace and shooting at the forces of that land.

No we are only in the 2 illegal wars that the last Government dragged us into.

It's a UN-mandated intervention to stop some wholesale murder inside a rogue state.

Why dramatise it with silly comments like 'are we at war'? You know we aren't.

Here's three definitions of "War", personally I can't see how the current position doesn't apply to the three examples..

1.a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air.

2. a state or period of armed hostility or active military operations: The two nations were at war with each other.

3. a contest carried on by force of arms, as in a series of battles or campaigns: the War of 1812

Archived