Lived one of my worst nightmares today

If he left it in the taxi after the club it could mean that the lad was beaten up on his own doorstep. But then the taxi driver could have seen someone or something couldn't he? It's frightening to think that such a terrible thing could happen within the sight of safety.

He can't have been beaten outside our house, we have 3 dogs & whenever a car pulls up at least 1 of them barks & wakes us up, our dog was barking at 4.30am & I got up & he wasn't home then, ironically I actually fell asleep & at 7am when my hubby got up he found him on floor

I was so upset this morning I just assumed he had been robbed of his phone

he lost is phone when he first went out.

His mates were trying to get in touch with him when he lost them, maybe if he had not lost his phone nothing might have happened to him & he would have been coming home with a group of friends.

He's starting to remember some of the night. He knows he went to a cash machine & drew out £100 but this morning he had a tiny screwed up £20 note in his back pocket, he also remembers passing the bus depot near east bank rd but doesn't know if he was walking or in a cab

If he was in a taxi on his way home he must have been beaten up after he was dropped off.

If he was in a taxi on his way home he must have been beaten up after he was dropped off.

Or the taxi driver did it?

The police have all the details now so we are going to see what they come up with.

If he's been caught on CCTV getting in the taxi unharmed it had to be the driver.

3yrs ago my brother-in-law was beaten half to death by a taxi driver right outside his own house just because he fell asleep in the taxi, he was dragged to his hedge & rolled underneath it, the taxi driver was never found.

I'm not blaming any taxi drivers & don't want to go down that route but it's an option we've had to consider

How do I get over this & rest when he goes out again ( which won't be this week at least)

Am I over reacting or are most parents like this?

You don't get over it love, its a sad fact of the modern world. We have a 30yr old living back at home and my wife still treats him like he's 15.... He's been in a scrape or two over the years. It's just something we have to live with, you can't make them prisoners in their own home, you have to hope they make the right choices for themselves.

Or the taxi driver did it?

The police have all the details now so we are going to see what they come up with.

If he's been caught on CCTV getting in the taxi unharmed it had to be the driver.

3yrs ago my brother-in-law was beaten half to death by a taxi driver right outside his own house just because he fell asleep in the taxi, he was dragged to his hedge & rolled underneath it, the taxi driver was never found.

I'm not blaming any taxi drivers & don't want to go down that route but it's an option we've had to consider

OMG that's terrible.

He can't have been beaten outside our house, we have 3 dogs & whenever a car pulls up at least 1 of them barks & wakes us up, our dog was barking at 4.30am & I got up & he wasn't home then, ironically I actually fell asleep & at 7am when my hubby got up he found him on floor

At least you've got a period of time when he arrived home which could help if the police take the matter any further.

Archived